Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the latest issue of Hot Rod Deluxe? Lots of great gassers, plus a good article on the rise and fall of gassers! Page 40 also has a great 6 page story on Robbie Davis' Homeyer Willys and Anglia gassers. Erwin Von Homeyer was a local racer here in Portland, and Robbie is a regular at most nostalgia events around this area. A good guy who's been into gassers long before the big resurgence of interest in old gassers. Neat story of how he tracked down these two old race cars.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'll have to check out the issue. I haven't even had time to look at a magazine until the past few weeks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Vall,
That was a great story,and even cooler to see that he was able to save not one but TWO cars built by the same guy!
I guess sometimes there is a happy ending for everybody,huh..? :)

Scott

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vall,
That was a great story,and even cooler to see that he was able to save not one but TWO cars built by the same guy!
I guess sometimes there is a happy ending for everybody,huh..? :)

Scott
Yeah, a lot of people talk about how "lucky" some guys are with hot rod finds, but in Robbie's case it's a lot of constant searching and following up every lead! He makes much of his own luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts