Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been around forever, and I've used it in my oil, or in cylinders to free up rings on an engine that sat for a long time. But I've never used it in my gas. Had a fella tell me he runs 4-8 oz. in each tank full on his car and his engine is 12:1 CR and runs well on premium gas with no knocking or pinging from detonation. He said he adjusts the amount used depending on outside temps, so in cold climate he runs as little as 4 oz. and in very hot weather runs 8 oz.
I was checking around, and seems Walmart has the cheapest price at under $16 a gallon. Cheap insurance if it lets my new 355 run better with it's higher CR.
Anyone here ever use MMO in their gas tank?

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Supposed to help gas mileage too, but not sure I'm buying into all the advertising on the bottle! I bought a qt. at Walmart, and if it works I'll have them bring in a gallon jug. It saves about $5 on a gallon.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know how it works out for you.
Will do. Still need to give it some time, and get bugs worked out of the cars, so I can drive it and see how the MMO works. But it works great in the lawnmower so far! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts