Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up in San Luis Obispo at my cousin Marks place this past weekend helping him get his blower motor running again and we did a short video of his back up (never used) engine that he's decided to sell. It's a freshly built engine and only has break in time on it. These Cadillac engines are torque monsters. If you're looking for a complete, fresh, solid motor at a very reasonable price this could be it.

7KnrHJ76U8A
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/d/san-luis-obispo-marks-hot-cadilac-650/7307931831 .html

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Hi Steve
the video link isn’t working. Craigslist is ok.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve
the video link isn’t working. Craigslist is ok.
Mario, it's not a hyper link, you have to copy and paste to your browser and it should work fine.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Mario, it's not a hyper link, you have to copy and paste to your browser and it should work fine.
Got it. That is a cool motor. Mark is a wildman. ever since I worked for caddy back in 79 I was in awe of the 472 and 500 cu in. Always wondered what it would be like to build one like your cousin did. Not cheap as a Chevy that’s for sure.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. That is a cool motor. Mark is a wildman. ever since I worked for caddy back in 79 I was in awe of the 472 and 500 cu in. Always wondered what it would be like to build one like your cousin did. Not cheap as a Chevy that’s for sure.
After we got the blown Cad motor running again and warmed up we shut it down to put the tools away and I wanted to do a video of it running in the car. We go to start it and the starter knocked some teeth off the flex plate so that was it for this trip. When the new flex plate arrives I'm heading back up to help with the install and will get the video then.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that didn't take long. Got a reply to the CL ad and there's a buyer for the asking price. Of course money talks and bullshit walks but we'll see. I'm sure my cousin would like to pocket 5 grand and pick up some floor space in his garage.

·
Administrator
13,328 Posts
Sounds like a healthy motor. I kept telling myself, "Shut it off, it's dry!" I'm sure it's fine, but running them without coolant gives me the willies!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My cousins motor sold. The guy who bought it drove down from San Rafael, he really wanted it. I would have loved to have seen it go to someone on here; it was a bitchin motor with tons of torque.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Oh man sold it to a f....ing yuppy...back in the day our foot ball team after the game would get in fist fights with the SR rich boys...never ended well for them........lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts