Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1581 - 1594 of 1594 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
My vote is to go with OEM paint with some of the airbrush accents you talked about. I think with the black bumper and then the black grill it'd be to much black even though Black Parts Matter, LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,582 ·
You know Steve I think you are right...I was looking at some pics of 2000 rangers that have the black grille and black stock bumper and it was just kind of ugly in pics ...spent 3 hours today just doing my sun visors...had to dig them out of my trailer clean them up and then spend another 1/2 hour digging thru my nuts and bolts shit to find the hardware..found all the screws except 1...there is always one screwing with you....then addressed a problem I was having with one of the door sills not seating properly...weather has turned to crap so I am looking for things that could be better and going over all the nuts and bolts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,583 ·
Was a great day to paint so I got all setup to shoot the grille... got it wiped down... the truck pushed out side and things covered up..tack raged the grille went into the house for a few minutes to take a piss and grab a drink...went back out to the shop...grabbed the spray paint and while standing there shaking the can I could see the grille already had some thing on it...turns out in just a few minutes grass pollen was all over it...well so much for a good paint day...shut it down for the day...may see what the pollen count is in the morning and try again

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Lately we can't keep any of the vehicles clean outside with all the yellow pollen settling everywhere! I washed my wife's car, and my Suburban earlier this week, and within 30 minutes they both looked like we lived near a dusty sort of orange color road. It also is sticky, so it doesn't just blow off. Sprayed them off with water, but half hour later they're coated again. I gave up.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,585 · (Edited)
Every one loves a Hemi should be here this week....can not get video to load

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,587 ·
392.....392....392....1958 Chrysler...factory 2... 4's...oh yea...updates to follow...tease tease.............lol

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
OK, Lash has thrown down the gauntlet. I will be forced to mortgage my home to buy either a SOHC motor or a Boss 429, LOL.............

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,590 ·
Well if you are going to do it go for the Cammer...I know where there is one for $25,000.............lol... if you do that then I am going to have to up grade the Hemi with a 6-71 blower...or maybe two chicks strapped to the intake blowing real hard into the top of the carb...............lol...oh yea red lipstick on my carb

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,591 ·
Hemi 392 .030 over.. forged TRW pistons Balanced...ported heads comp cam and two fours com ratio 10:1 and some M/T valve covers..old school dual point distributor

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
That's not fair Lash! You're going to keep teasing us, and not let us see the rest of the car? Very cool engine!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Way cool Lash!!! Can't wait to see the full car and hopefully a video too.

1581 - 1594 of 1594 Posts