Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1561 - 1580 of 1610 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,561 ·
Son of a bitch...I really cannot catch a break....I was wondering why they sent me an extra for free...now I know why...I checked the transfer and the backing ... no apostrophe on the one I used, the other 2 have it... I can not believe that I did not notice it...I need to take up drugs or drinking so at least I have a f...,in excuse for that shit...in the words Of the almighty Mario...Stupid...Stupid ...and one more time STUPID...Steve you know me to well.....lol

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I feel your pain Lash. I had to buy another pair of speakers with one leftover to remind me for eternity.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Son of a bitch...I really cannot catch a break....I was wondering why they sent me an extra for free...now I know why...I checked the transfer and the backing ... no apostrophe on the one I used, the other 2 have it... I can not believe that I did not notice it...I need to take up drugs or drinking so at least I have a f...,in excuse for that shit...in the words Of the almighty Mario...Stupid...Stupid ...and one more time STUPID...Steve you know me to well.....lol
So Lash are you referring to you obsessing about the apostrophe, cartoon or both; I'm thinking both.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,564 ·
Don'
fixed 001.JPG
t forget to dot your I's cross your tee's ...and don't forget your apostrophes.......lol

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Beautiful. Looks spot on. Or is it look’s spot on? Never was any good at my vocabulary.
sorry I couldn’t help myself.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,567 ·
In the pic it looks off to the left but on the truck it looks center....Vall you may wake up and find a decal on the back of your daily driver...but it will be perfectly centered.. . I Poked The Bear....

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
In the pic it looks off to the left but on the truck it looks center....Vall you may wake up and find a decal on the back of your daily driver...but it will be perfectly centered.. . I Poked The Bear....
Just add it to the others! My "Road Agents" on the left, and Chevy emblem center of tailgate glass. Please measure carefully and put it right side lower corner!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,570 ·
Thats it Rik just poke the Bear....where do you live...and what bolt pattern are your wheels???.................lol

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,571 ·
Well got off my ass and did some work on the truck today...pulled the hood back off ( glad I lift weights )...Put the hood on my hood holder (my recycle bin)... gave it the tape tack test and the paint is good and dry...no pecker tracks....took the paint down in high areas with 600 grit then worked down to 3000 grit...took a while since I had put two flow coats (Paint applied tell it is at the brink of running)..To recess the art work blocked the whole thing...then polished a few spots so I could give it the shop light test...passed... good enough...then I will finish polishing it, getting it ready to pin stripe...I started breaking in the new brush I got so it will hold paint well...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,572 ·
WHY ME......I was finishing up my hood today and found one spot that I need to go back over with the heavy compound...I set the can on my stool next to where I was working...went to grab it, it was gone...what the hell...looked all over , no were to be found...I looked for a good 20 minutes...not on the floor...on any of the bench's, not in the back of the truck...so I said screw, it closed up the shop and went down to Napa to pick up my turn switch for the f150...sure enough on my way back pulling into the drive way , I see a green can in my rock garden ..I must have knocked it off the stool and it rolled out the garage down the driveway...why me

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
To answer your question Lash, it's because you're a mean old bastard, LMAO!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I rarely find an answer for stuff I set down that explains how it moved like yours did. Instead mine simply appears somewhere I've looked at several times, and it wasn't there before.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,575 · (Edited)
Well got around to doing the first stripe...kind of hard to do with the wide sword brush's..narrow stripes are easier...not perfect cause there is no perfect when there done by hand...paint laid out nice...the two inner curves are a little bit different since there hardest to do...one eye does not help....now the big mistake was not doing the top stripe first so my hand does not drag over the lower...I will have to let the lower one dry and do the top...oh yea the stripe is blue not green like the pic shows an

Attachments

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,579 ·
Well I spent almost 3 hours sanding and cleaning up the holes and then a good scuffing with a pad....paint season is almost here...yea...so I was going thru the paint on my shelve...I have 2 cans of Matte black like used for racing stripes...2 cans of amazon green the oem color...1 can of adhesive promoter for bonding paint to plastic...one can of clear...one can of red oxide primer one can of grey sand able primer... I am thinking and mind you only thinking about shooting it the oem green...then using my air brush with some of the red oxide primer and going around the holes edges to give it that work in progress kind of look and then fogging some clear over it all...and doing the same around the bumper holes...??? I also have a can of truck black bedliner spray like what is on the bumper...maybe that with the red oxide around the holes ???any thoughts...I am really trying to use up whats on the shelve not not waste money on buying new stuff

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I vote for matching the bumper with the bedliner paint. Not sure I'd want to get a bunch of colors going on that area myself. But the matte black would also be a good choice.

1561 - 1580 of 1610 Posts