Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 1610 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,541 ·
Boring Stuff

Got a little done...cut the reducers down so there would not be a huge overlap and it would be further under the truck ...will even then up in the belt sander...took longer to peel all the damn labeling off...spent most of the time picking tools up and cleaning up

Attachments

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,542 ·
Went out to shake out my carpets and these were on my front porch...I was surprised since they where not suppose to be here till Wednesday...will have to mod them but it looks like the coil will sit right in the oem buckets in the frame...hope these work...this will spread the load out to where the frame was designed to carrie the suspension load

Attachments

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Nice Lash. What do you have to modify?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,544 ·
Mario sorry I did not get back to you on your ?...I have to mod the lower mount to fit the 30's lower shock mount and then cut the spring to the proper length...then mount it up and recheck my shock travel I should have close to five inch's...if not I will have to deal with that by doing some of that fab shit..these are rear strut assemblies for a 2000 Acura....The top cap will be removed and the assembly will be held together in the frame it self...hope my coil spring compressor will work with the smaller springs....if not I will go to Napa and rent one...can not be to careful when fooling with coil springs

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,545 ·
Measure ten times and still blow it..nothing on this thing ever gets just bolted on...took the strut apart in the freezing shop...only because I laid in to Steve about being lazy...but any way, what I did not notice was the spring has a very slight taper to it from top to bottom like about 1/2 an inch...just enough that where I need to cut it will not fit over the sleeve welded in the frame spring well........crap cannot cut the bottom cause the it will slop around on the strut housing...so after banging my head against my vise anvil to knock some sense in me...I went to my pc and looked around and came up with using some coil spring weight jacks as they do on sprint cars and some ramp spring insulators...all witch will have to be modded...but what the hell it will allow me to tune my spring rate some what, as well as ride height and the money just keeps flying out of my wallet.............lol

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,546 ·
Well since it has been clear skies here witch makes the temps go down, it has been to cold out for my skinny ass to do any real work, just a little here and there but anyway...I have been thinking up some art work shit for the doors...kind of a must have to be old style...I was thinking may be lettering with a add type vibe...Poison Ivy Speed Shops...on top , and under it..We Give You The Itch...any additions or a changes needed?? Or just to dork to do ???

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
We all know what gave you "the itch" but God only knows where you got them from, LMAO :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,548 ·
Your sister....you started it.........lol

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,549 ·
Well I got off my ass today and did some of the design shit...Acura rear gas struts... and a set of lowering sleeves and springs for a Honda..started with the idea and have been fitting and making changes...looks like it is going to work out...the threaded sleeves will allow me to change the height as need as well as the spring rate some what,,,if I need stiffer springs I can use the front that came with the kit...looks like I will only have about 4" of travel each way...but should be enough...the nice thing is the bumper stops are built into the strut...I am hoping also that this set up with the canted struts will help a little in the sway department...still lots to do but it gives an idea as to what I am planning...total cost so far $160 big ones

Attachments

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,550 ·
Damn this was a pain to do...static cling makes it a bitch to get them straight...spent an hour just cleaning the crude off the paint and buffing things out...for prep......then when to hang it and the static in the decal and the truck made the bottom swing into the panel but the blue guide tape stopped it from sticking... it is off by a 1/16 inch across 16" line so more than close enough

Attachments

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,552 ·
No history Steve but I blew it putting it on.....well really on measuring it before putting it on...I my have to get another and get the letters centered this time

Attachments

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
No history Steve but I blew it putting it on.....well really on measuring it before putting it on...I my have to get another and get the letters centered this time
Hey Lash, looks like you have some coolest truck competition from "The Other Speed Shop" but you get my vote.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
It looks fine. Who’s gonna notice. Maybe blur the SHOP with a tail. Or a cloud of smoke off the P.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Looks great. I really hate to bring this up but, Did you loose the apostrophe for a reason?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Oh sweet Jesus Mario, you do realize that now he's going fixate on that right, LMAO..................

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Oh sweet Jesus Mario, you do realize that now he's going fixate on that right, LMAO..................
I don’t know how this will play out now. There is room for the apostrophe so it looks like it could go back in. Easy enough. I really hate to be the one to bring it out. Sorry Lash.

1541 - 1560 of 1610 Posts