Gasser HotRods banner

1541 - 1545 of 1545 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,541
Boring Stuff

Got a little done...cut the reducers down so there would not be a huge overlap and it would be further under the truck ...will even then up in the belt sander...took longer to peel all the damn labeling off...spent most of the time picking tools up and cleaning up

Attachments

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,542
Went out to shake out my carpets and these were on my front porch...I was surprised since they where not suppose to be here till Wednesday...will have to mod them but it looks like the coil will sit right in the oem buckets in the frame...hope these work...this will spread the load out to where the frame was designed to carrie the suspension load

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Nice Lash. What do you have to modify?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,544
Mario sorry I did not get back to you on your ?...I have to mod the lower mount to fit the 30's lower shock mount and then cut the spring to the proper length...then mount it up and recheck my shock travel I should have close to five inch's...if not I will have to deal with that by doing some of that fab shit..these are rear strut assemblies for a 2000 Acura....The top cap will be removed and the assembly will be held together in the frame it self...hope my coil spring compressor will work with the smaller springs....if not I will go to Napa and rent one...can not be to careful when fooling with coil springs

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,545
Measure ten times and still blow it..nothing on this thing ever gets just bolted on...took the strut apart in the freezing shop...only because I laid in to Steve about being lazy...but any way, what I did not notice was the spring has a very slight taper to it from top to bottom like about 1/2 an inch...just enough that where I need to cut it will not fit over the sleeve welded in the frame spring well........crap cannot cut the bottom cause the it will slop around on the strut housing...so after banging my head against my vise anvil to knock some sense in me...I went to my pc and looked around and came up with using some coil spring weight jacks as they do on sprint cars and some ramp spring insulators...all witch will have to be modded...but what the hell it will allow me to tune my spring rate some what, as well as ride height and the money just keeps flying out of my wallet.............lol

1541 - 1545 of 1545 Posts