Registered
2,037 Posts
Hey Lash

everybody needs a sawzall. I've got 2 if you want to borrow one let me know :p

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,503
Thanks for the offer Steve but it would only get me in trouble...like trying to chop a roof or bob a bed

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,505 (Edited)
End off an error

Or should I say Era...finished up drilling my bumpers...now if I can get a no rain day I will grind the corners round, and finish dressing up the holes...I hope the state is satisfied....

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I like the holes in keeping with your theme. And the two sizes fit nicely with the two sizes to the bumper shape.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,507
plugging along

Put my long undies on and went out and did some work.. damn it is cold here...mounted the bumpers after cleaning up the holes and welding some cross braces to them...AI am going to have to take them back off and re-slot the brackets to get them up higher in front, and I have come up with a idea too tie the lower tank bar in too the bumper...well I hope it works out like I see it in my head..also have a new grill coming...the chrome does not do it for me

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
That looks great Lash.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,510
Whats wrong with this picture

My BLACK after market grille showed up today...more like nylon than plastic...LMC item

Attachments

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,511 (Edited)
Total Disaster

Went to the metal yard today to get what I needed to bring the front end to gather,
for the look I want...went to the scrap bin found what I needed $10 for every thing...got home jumped right in on the idea that has been floating in my head all week...got to the first mock up stage and it looked cool till I stepped back .. and it look really out of place, squared off does not go well with a rounded front end...2 hours of driving and ten bucks and...crap...so I am standing there looking at my metal pile of left overs and abandoned stuff...grabbed these two plates and I think I am going to go with this

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
I have a friend who gave me a pair of those gloss black powder coated tank brackets. I bought a nice old Eelco tank at a swap meet some years back to put on my Austin, but it didn't look good on that car. I tried to put these brackets on the Eelco tank today and they're the correct diameter, but with all the fittings welded into the Eelco tanks the brackets seem to be too wide to fit it. They'd need to be half as wide to work.
It looks like the Eelco tank brackets must be those skinny springs with clear tubing over them to work? Or a thin 3/16" or 10-32 rod to clamp the tank?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,513
Vall one of the reasons I did not get the Eelco brackets is they have to be right up against the center seams to keep the tank from moving around...so there is no adjustment as far as spacing them apart from one another...I do like the looks of the cast supports better than the ban straps...I think the spacing on the mounting points front to rear are the same...I may change them out at a later date ...who knows

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,514
Well got out to the cold as hell shop today...welded my tank brackets up..so that is a done deal...I had to make up some special nuts to fit in the cramped space behind the tank...the kind pf stuff that just consumes your time...then got to looking at the stance and decided I would put the shorter stock shackles on witch raised the back of the truck up almost 2 inch's...looks much better and now the frame is back to almost level with the ground... and it pulled the caster back in from 9 degrees to about 7...the axle change really threw things off... encase you are wondering why a shorter shackle raises the back it it because the spring hangers are flipped up

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,515
Got bored

So I went out and bored some holes...adding some bling to the front by using the alloy I bought for another thing I was going to do... came up with this...lots to do yet...but it beats sitting around or lifting weights...and it is to damn cold to go hiking...I am looking for another tail gate to put some holes in...the out side needs more holes

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Of course it looks good. It’s the holenator. :) I wouldn’t expect any less. I also like the skinnies up front as they’re positioned.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
You

got it looking just right Lash, congrats.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,519
Bling

After dark...good night Ranger...man t-6 extruded is tough stuff to polish...still have a ways to go

Attachments

1501 - 1520 of 1545 Posts