Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it to Kansas yesterday. It was actually a nice drive. My truck hovered in the 10MPG (Yuck) range but pulled all hills at speed and had no issues. I did have one of my straps break which allowed the Falcon to move and it broke one of the sealed beam headlights. Not that expensive but still a pain in the butt. I do know I need to get an actual race car trailer.

At some point I will get my other two cars here. The problem I know I will have is space. My wife will have her vehicle, I will have my truck and then three classic cars. One car will probably have to go and I have an idea. I could pop the good engine into the Mach 1 and install the interior. Then I send it to my dad because he wants a classic car to go cruising in. Then when I retire in ten years I will probably have one of my cars done and we can go on those weeknight cruises together. Some people would have a hard time doing that, but I wouldn't own that car without my dad's help. Sure, the Mach 1 needs restored, but it is in good enough shape to drive for another decade. It's just an idea.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, one other thing. The Falcon was a huge hit on the road. Whenever I stopped people would walk by, truckers would ask me about it and little kids would smash their faces to the windows of cars to look as they went by. I didn't think it would draw that kind of attention. On my last trip it didn't seem like anyone noticed it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Glad to hear you had a safe trip, Isaac. :) Those ten years will be gone before you know it.... and maybe then you'll have lots of cruising time to share with your Dad! :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, you are right. The bump I hit with the trailer was pretty big and hard to see. I'll look for a new light later this week.

Robert, what is funny is my dad was not really into cars for a long time. He had a Hurst Olds 442 in his late teens, a Sunbeam Alpine, and then a VW Bug. After family and kids he didn't seem to care. Then I got bit by the bug in my early 20's and we test drove the Mach 1 together. What is funny is my ex wife didn't come with me, just my dad. After we went up the bridge from Glenwood to Springfield, Oregon I got on it a little. He said I needed to buy the car! I still think that is funny! We will see. The car needs some work before I would send it to him to make it driveable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts