Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Guys, the other day I mentioned this tool box at the Home Depot. I thought this would make my Shop Dog and my small English wheel more accessible.
So today Tom and I had to head up there to pick up some wood to build a crate for a pedal car I have to shop out.
Well got the box home and all we had to do is get it out of the box and bolt the wheels and handle.
Then we went and detached the ShopDog from the old frame, and lowered it down on the new box with the crane.

While the crane held it in place I drilled 7/16th holes threw the mount surface and bolted it down. Now between the ShopDog frame and the box, I have one inch rubber biscuits because the machine vibrates violently and the rubber absorbs that.

Then after we bolted the English wheel on the other end of the box, which made a nice work station that all my tooling can go right in the draws below the equipment.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Very nice! I love made in America also......and the "Grump" makes a "fitting" back-drop.... :) :) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice Steve, I tell ya sometimes you have to work hard to find the things you are looking for, that are still made here. Nice to know that Husky toolboxes are.

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was actually surprised that Husky was still made here. I use to own a Husky box. I also had started out in my very young days with a Remline box, and the other one I can't remember it's name at the moment. But I sure wish I never traded them in, but Snap On made the deal look sweet and I could be like the other guys..... ;) oh ya the other box was Waterloo ! ! I need to find a few just to have them in my shop. ;) even just some small ones ;)

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Surprised that HD sells a USA made Husky too! Will that box be solid enough to roll things on the english wheel and not move any?

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ya Vall the wheels lock solid, and gave it some thought of some outriggers for stability. Also I don't use a whole lot of pressure on the wheel. If I need to I can use my large wheeling machine. For a small machine it's really stout, and moves metal right away were there is hardly any noticeable deflection. The larger machine has some but is built well and your need some to work properly.

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Vall, I won't tell you how much I whined to my kid yesterday about needing more room :eek: But I am truly grateful for the room I do have.... I really wished i started my tool room this past season. But it will come about, as time goes on ! !

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Seems we're never satisfied! My buddy built a 45'x65' shop after outgrowing his 2 car garage. So now he's got the garage and the big shop, and still just enough room to get one more car in and out to work on. He wishes he'd gone 45'x100' instead.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looks good Steve. Home depot does sneak a few American made products in there. Glad Husky still makes some stuff here. Id love to have a shop as big as yours.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Looking at BBQ Grilles for my son for XMas. Saw that Husky box and thought of you right away Steve. Uh Oh. Start of a Bro-Mance there guys??? LOL. MArk L

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You are just to funny Mark ;) ;) that box really for the money is a good deal. I went to Harbor Freight yesterday to get some draw liner, and they had a box quite like my Snap On roll away. This one was taller and maybe as long ( 56 inches ) and had safety locks on each draw. The big difference really was the price, it was a third the price from my mine. I have to say the quality was really nice, and wouldn't be afraid to load it up with tools.
I was looking at a tube roller that was reasonably priced and there's a fellow that makes precision dies for and not much like there bead roller wouldn't need any beefing up before use.
I think they are finally catching on that If they build some reasonably quality tools they will sell. Now they have to find a way to get them made here in the USA. ;)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You guys keep me thinking about all these tools and..........I need a warehouse! :D :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts