Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from the machine shop that the 406 for the Galaxie is ready and Pierre found a running 460/C6 a guy is removing from a 57 Ford to go back original for $500.
I've been reworking stainless, interior etc for two weeks waiting for the short block to be done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nice belated Christmas present, LOL. I keep wishing mine would get doen but I can't do anything with it anyway, so why have it all together if I can't use it yet. BUT, I still wished I had it. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Nice belated Christmas present, LOL. I keep wishing mine would get doen but I can't do anything with it anyway, so why have it all together if I can't use it yet. BUT, I still wished I had it. Mark L
The waiting when I can't do anything drives me nuts! Whether it's waiting for parts, money, or another person; it all bugs me when I can't move ahead! I have very little patience when it comes to moving forward on my cars! :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting on a few parts to finish my engine up. I look forward to seeing your progress when you get the engines installed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally, some advance on the 406! put the flywheel and pressure plate on had to take it off (forgot the block plate), installed the motor installed the intake had to take it back off (forgot the valley drip pan), installed one rocker assembly had to take it off (forgot the valve tip top hats). :mad: I'm seeing a tendency to CRS here!:confused:

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Finally, some advance on the 406! put the flywheel and pressure plate on had to take it off (forgot the block plate), installed the motor installed the intake had to take it back off (forgot the valley drip pan), installed one rocker assembly had to take it off (forgot the valve tip top hats). :mad: I'm seeing a tendency to CRS here!:confused:
Glad I'm not the only one that has to disassemble to put things back together right! At least we still remember to do it eventually!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The waiting when I can't do anything drives me nuts! Whether it's waiting for parts, money, or another person; it all bugs me when I can't move ahead! I have very little patience when it comes to moving forward on my cars! :)
DITTO here!!!! The workshop project which has been taking up ALL my time has to be done before I can start on the Opel.

Years ago I would have just gone ahead & started working on the car and 1/2 a** everything else. NOT SO TODAY!!! So once the work on the shop is done (RIGHT) I will be glad I waited to start work on the Opel'

I plan to do the same with the Opel!!!!!

As many of you probably know already ..... very often we tend to jump from working on project to project without any "plan" of which is the BEST way to do things.

Especially with over-looking or delaying "It NEEDS to be done" stuff for "I WANT it to be done stuff".

Where I am with the Opel is there is a LOT of work that I have gathered parts for already so I plenty to keep me busy for awhile without having to spend anymore money for now.

In fact most of the "NEED" to be done things will NOT cost me anything to do. the "WANT" stuff will cost me plenty of money to do.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
"Need is expensive--want is crazy expensive". Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have the 406 running but the gas tank needs work if I drive it it runs out of gas at carbs sock in gas tank may be clogged. I have add on filter at tank to protect pump and carbs
Sounds like it's time to drop the tank and shake the crud out!
It's amazing how much junk can collect in a gas tank over the years. Good move to run double-filters for now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it ran to a freinds house and back has a miss in one cylinder now? I will check it when I get back from the muffler shop tomorrow.:confused: I cleaned about 20lbs of crap out of tank and changed both fuel filters!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts