Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Love it saw the girl in the video, but the Nova gave me a hard on that aint going away soon, Hmmmmm where is the wife at, just do it, the tint not my wife

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love it saw the girl in the video, but the Nova gave me a hard on that aint going away soon, Hmmmmm where is the wife at, just do it, the tint not my wife
With out any doubt, that was the funniest post ever returned!! I cant stop laughing, and its hard to type.. Man I wish Washington was not so far away, love to see how much trouble we could get into.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
838333__1963-chevy-nova-gasser_p[1].jpg dadc0fa34b7bc703e9cd116d5835a066[1].jpg Found a picture of Red Riding Hood and another very nice Nova. Funny, I seem to only see 62 Nova's .

·
Registered
922 Posts
If it's what you really want, go for it. Cops have more important things to do than hassle us old guys in classic cars, if we're behaving ourselves. Worst that would happen is you'd get an equipment violation and have to peel it back out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I'll get over the idea soon. I do really like the look. And yes especially if I was on the way to a car show or something and being a real good boy on the road, cops would cut me slack at my advanced age.........maybe. As well, a lot of local cops here would not know if red was legal or what?

Gary

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Can you picture us two old farts firing up a top fuel alter and cruising main streets in surrounding towns????????????? I can

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh ya easy. And its sure pretty where you live. I lived on Oregon "Rouge River" which looks about the same.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I'd just do the side windows, as you wont like constantly looking through a red rear window in the rear view mirror. Honestly, I love the red window look, but I'm not fond of looking through it on my Austin. It gives everything a strange color effect, and not what you'd expect with red. Red cars next to me look pink through the red tinted windows. I'd do it again, but it's still weird to look through.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Vall. I realize that the idea of the red tint comes across a lot better than the reality. Stop signs look weird looking thru red tint, other stuff too. It seems that, red tint is best left for cars that don't hit the streets just the tracks.

I still think it looks cool. Not just red the blue, and green, and amber I saw "back in the day" all tripped some kind of little boy trigger in my head, and its still in there.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I have been checking things on line about tints and found one that is a fade from color, green, red, blue.... to gray at about 1/3 down the sheet, so the top would be the color you want then gray where you would be looking thru, it could also be adjusted by were you cut the film more color or less, also found a clear that is 85% UV resisted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in England warlock and the law says you can't block anymore than 30% of the light coming through, not had s problem yet :+1:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I could use orange or blue Iam going to play with those 2 some how to see if it works with the green. I may shoot some plastic wrap with a candy paint put it up to the window to see how it looks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used candy paint on the windows of models when I was a kid to tint them. Sprayed straight on the plastic. I later progressed to doing my bed room window, only dark blue. I taped off the places I didn't want tinted, and sprayed the heck of the window on the top side and made it run on purpose and just sprayed behind the run back and forth till it collected in mess at the bottom. I made a tray sort of at the bottom to collect the run off. It didn't work as well as I hoped. But it did work, and was actually clear to see thru, just blue.

My dad however didn't see it my way, and I spent some time with a razor blade scraping it off. Funny how something as lame as that I can remember in detail, and I cant remember some ones name even right after I'm told sometimes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts