Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Born in '45, racin' in the 60s. TET '68 took me away for a few years.

Found the Southeast Gasser's videos and was instantly hooked again.

Knew Jack Muldowney in '64 and 65. His wife Shirley raced, too... a vette.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome, Willy! Glad you found GHR also. The Southeast Gassers are doing a good job of re-establishing the old Gasser interest. It will be interesting to see how or if the newer generations of racers will get aboard and keep it alive. I certainly hope so as the gassers were an important entity of drag racing history.

It's really cool that you knew the Muldowney's. I think most all young drag racing men of the day admired and respected "the first lady of drag racing." :D

Stick around and share with us more of your memories....... as it may rekindle more. :)

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Welcome Willy. I love the race nostalgia so I would love it if you would post some pictures or tell us some stories of the old days. I wasn't exposed to racing till after 1975. So I missed out. Hope you enjoy this site. Great guys and great cars. I've only touched the surface of gasser history.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Willy. I love the race nostalgia so I would love it if you would post some pictures or tell us some stories of the old days. I wasn't exposed to racing till after 1975. So I missed out. Hope you enjoy this site. Great guys and great cars. I've only touched the surface of gasser history.
The Southeast Gassers are the real deal. On their home page, they have some of their own videos and other videos taken by members, like the skull garage guys (Wilson family).

No clocks, no breakouts, no dial ins, just a win light. Since insurance won't allow a flagman/girl, the start is with a .400 pro tree. My local track had a flag girl... one green flag, on the start button. If you rolled before that flag came up, you redlighted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts