Gasser HotRod Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Got back from the
Speaking of the shirt, Vall, you've never posted a photo of you in your shirt. Did you by any chance wear it to the drags this week end?
]

The drags are today Steve! Sorry I haven't gotten my wife to take a picture yet. Maybe I'll put it on backwards and do a selfie!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Gassers 5

Got an early email announcement for the Gassers 5 event so thought I'd post; can't believe it'll be 5 years.

Gassers 5 poster.jpg

Hi there,
We are gearing up for all the car shows in 2018 and would like to invite you to the Early Bird Registration for our Gassers 5 Show on August 25, 2018! We would like to thank you for your participation in past years and are excited to see you again in 2018! I have attached the amazing new flyer for Gassers 5, as well as a list of ALL of the car shows of 2018! Please don’t hesitate to give me a call if you have any questions, suggestions, etc.!

Happy Holidays!

Marisol Rios

Marketing and Operations Manager

Automobile Driving Museum

Direct: 310-658-5570

Main: 310-909-0950

www.TheADM.org

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
One Week From Today

A reminder for any members in the So Cal area that the 5th gasser show is this coming Saturday, August 25.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's that time of year

again, Gassers 6!!! I had a major brain fart and forgot to post this for the SoCal members or anyone who might be visiting the area this month. The gasser show is this coming weekend and it looks like they've expanded their venue for cars.

https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/event/gassers6/

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm back

from the Los Angeles gasser show and it was another good one. The weather really co-operated and it wasn't a scorcher like we've been having. Lots of the familar cars and many I haven't seen in previous years. My favorite was the survivor 40 Willys pick up; can't imagine why. Original owner, original blown Ford 427 side oiler that he runs on the street with the original Hilborn mechanical injection, big Olds rear end, original lacquer paint from the 60s he even still has the Rajah spark plug wire ends with the Packard 440 black wire. Talk about a time capsule and when he fired that beast up no Hemi, other Mopar, BBC or space shuttle rocket engine could have sounded better, meaner or nastier.
I wish all of you could have been there.

CIMG2292.jpg CIMG2297.jpg CIMG2294.jpg CIMG2296.jpg CIMG2295.jpg

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Wow nice photos. Wish you had video of the pickup. I would have loved to hear it.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I always love a Willys truck but the Chevy really caught my eye ...and it is a year that I have never really been fond of...it must be the really big rear tires and the go kart tires up front

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well Vall

I was lucky I made it at all. Wednesday at a clients house I was lifting a dual glazed sliding glass door off the tracks to replace the casters. Two mistakes. I hadn't put on my back brace and when I was removing the door I didn't pivot my whole body on the balls of my feet I twisted at the waist and felt it immediately. I ended up telling the client I couldn't finish the repair and was barely able to lift the door back onto the tracks. I thought I was going to have to crawl out to my truck. It seems like the older I get the easier it is to injure my lower back. Last month when the registration for my blue Harley HD1.jpg (the lowered hot rod bike, not the bagger) was due and I put it on a non-op and cancelled the insurance because it beats the shit out of my lower back when I ride it. Last year I didn't put any miles on it, I should probably sell it too. Of course having bilateral spondylosis doesn't help nor does not having much left in the way of spinal discs. I used to be 6' 2 1/2" now I'm down around 6' 1". There was no way I was going to be able to load and unload a car from a trailer so I went to the show sans car. I was doubly disappointed too when the cars started leaving. Only one did a really smokey burn out, a red Chevy Nova. My 53 can really boil the tires so that was a bummer. The other thing was I had a for sale sign I was going to put on the car to see if it generated any interest.
Oh well, as my signature says "and the beat goes on"

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Lash,

I had a feeling when I saw that Chevy (first time I've seen that car there) with the color and the name that you'd like it. What a photo that would make, Poison Ivy and Gangreen sitting side by side.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Wow bummer about the back..I feel the same pain in my neck...no disc's left.. pounded out by years of dirt bike and ridged frame choppers...the old 5 pound bell helmets did me in....but like you say...the beat goes on......take it easy bro...and move slow...like yuuuur old....lol...love the soft tail shame to sell it

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well Shit

Got an email from the Automobile Driving Museum that all their events have been cancelled which includes the annual Gasser Show in August, bummer

Gassers 7.JPG

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey Lash

I guess that Vall agrees with that remark I made to you about you and I seeming to be cut from the same cloth because now he's calling me Lash. Oh, wait a minute I said that in an email to you so Vall couldn't have known. Hmmmm, maybe it's more obvious than I thought or Vall hasn't completely recovered from the effects of the anesthesia after his surgery. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I forgot

to include in my post that I was going to have a for sale sign on my Willys of $25,000 OBO to see if it generated any interest. I figured that a gasser only car show would be a great place to test the water.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn this COVID crap!!
I missed taking the Studey there last year and now this!
I was really looking forward to it.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts