Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to consolidate my electronics into one console based grouping, perhaps a single panel to house the various trouble switches and buttons including NOS arming and purge, Lineloc, transbrake, wideband calibration buttons, and the associated LED's for status. Anyone have a layout they've done? I am not looking to copy anyone, well mostly, but looking to find ideas and motif's that look clean and are functional. Would appreciate links or pictures. Thanks

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
I want to consolidate my electronics into one console based grouping, perhaps a single panel to house the various trouble switches and buttons including NOS arming and purge, Lineloc, transbrake, wideband calibration buttons, and the associated LED's for status. Anyone have a layout they've done? I am not looking to copy anyone, well mostly, but looking to find ideas and motif's that look clean and are functional. Would appreciate links or pictures. Thanks
Wow! Sure doesn't sound like any gasser I've ever seen? Might want to look at some of the Pro Stock or Nitro Funny Cars.
All I have is a key, fuel pump switch, cooling fan switch, and a line lock on my shifter handle.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This is a prototype.

Working on a central console for the various switches. This is the first stab containing the LC1 calibration button and LED, The Line loc switch and the transbrake button.Will eventually incorporate the Nitrous switches and hope to use one button on the shifter knob controlling either the transbrake or the line loc depending on how the toggle is switched. Was thinking it would be cool to toggle a switch for the fans for cooling power between runs. My thought was once I get this where I want it I might go to a carbon fiber sheet. Was really looking for some old school solutions.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I completed most of my carbon panel and got it installed. I am working on a machined aluminum finished panel. When I get the aluminum I will link a three way switch to the shifter know where I can toggle the transbrake or line loc using an led for each to denote which one the shift knob button is in control of. This is a shot of both systems mounted to the roll bar. It gives me two nozzles in each zone for a coverage of three zones; fuel cell, engine, driver compartment.

I went with two pull controls for the system.

We also set off a system to see the results. Looks like the charge lasts for 20 seconds. The clean up is fairly simple, wiped right up or evaporated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts