Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount some stuff to the frame that will need more than just tapping the frame itself. I would like to use 5/16 or 3/8 bolts and nutsert-type nuts. Anyone have any help on this? I tried the local nut and bolt specialty store and the stuff they have is for sheetmetal. Looking for someone's experience on this one.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Is this a situation where the frame is boxed and no access to the back side? I try to weld nuts on the back side whenever possible, but I've also used the washer head nuts, and drilled a hole in the frame to allow the nut to drop in, and the washer head to lay on the surface. Then I just put a weld around the edge and it makes it solid.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Mike a body supply near me sells them in a kit. If need be I can give you their number and they can ship them to you.
Mario.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love Parkrose Hardware! They have more misc. stuff I should just go here first. They had the nuts I was looking for and a cheap tool to crimp them as well as the button head bolts. Tilt for tend coming soon!

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Parkrose has way too much of my money! ;)
They're so close, and such a great selection, but if I'm not in a hurry (rarely!) they always have what I want, even if it is spendy sometimes.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Mike, I have the tool to insert the nut sert's and some spares also if you want. The tool needs a little rehab. Also you need at least two feet of clear space to pinch the arms of the tool together.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts