Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the wife and I went looking for a new car....used...went to look at a Marquis cause i love the 2 valve 4.6 engines and a road car to boot. found one on the net at the dealer...$10,000 thats just $4,000 over book...not going to happen.. so while on the phone with the sales person I tell him think and he says he has got a lot of wiggle room and knows he can swing a deal at or below book so come on out he says... so we go out the car is beautiful in and out... with only 50,000 miles, fire it up sounds good...so lets take a look under the hood......every nut and bolt was rusted... frame had been pressure washed and black spray painted, fresh, some of the bolts didnt even have heads on them any more rusted off....Can you Salt belt car....so the salesman pulled up a car fax and sure enough it was from Chicago area.....he did know what a salt belt car was... he was young... so he went to talk to his manager... came back and said they would take $4000... no way, ever hose was going have to replaced cause the pipes on them where starting to rust thru..wasted day

1 - 1 of 1 Posts