Gasser HotRod Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My Car Chemistry inserts have stainless steel wool wrapped around the tube inside. I never race with Those inserts and the steel wool was catching fire and coming out in Sparks so the track owner came over to me on the way out getting my time slip to tell me that sparks were flying. I knew right away it had to be the inserts otherwise I’m probably looking at Valves floating around somewhere In the motor lol

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Looked like your second run hooked up much better than the first run. How much quicker was the 2nd run than the first pass?
it was .7 10ths faster. Seemed like the right lane was better even though I felt it sliding around again. I need to double check my wheel base lengths both sides to make sure its square. I did pull the rear last year for the gear change. Maybe its slightly off. But boy was that last run fun.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Track photographer got me doing a burnout. My son said he liked that for the garage wall. So I bought the hi res file. I love it too.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
I have to admit I feel like a kid when I get in the water box! Last time at the drags here with my Austin I told my buddy I wasn't going to really hammer it in the water box when he and I matched up. But then I got in there, and the right foot got a mind of it's own. When we got back after our run he asked me what happened? Did my throttle stick, or what? :)

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes I know the feeling. 😀

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I found this video on facebook. It has great coverage of the days events. I found some footage with me on there too. Just fast forward to the event itself at 3:35.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I don't get it Mario. You have the coolest car there and they don't show you doing a burn out or a run; WTF!!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I don't get it Mario. You have the coolest car there and they don't show you doing a burn out or a run; WTF!!

View attachment 108152
Thanks for the kind words. Did you try 8:07? & 21:35. He missed my last run. You can’t use the slider and cheat watching it. Lol
on the second run my gas pedal slide off the top rod and I didn’t know it till I got up there and couldn’t reach down and fix it. So I used the ball of my foot to push the gas to the firewall. Wasn’t easy. Doh!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts