Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a joy to walk into the pit area and see a lineup 4 across as far as the eye could see. This was our spring opener. I haven’t been to a Long Island event for 22 yrs. My last race was in 2000 and in 2001 lost my car in an accident. Track shut down in 2004 during my car resurrection. So glad to see this happening again.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
What a joy to walk into the pit area and see a lineup 4 across as far as the eye could see. This was our spring opener. I haven’t been to a Long Island event for 22 yrs. My last race was in 2000 and in 2001 lost my car in an accident. Track shut down in 2004 during my car resurrection. So glad to see this happening again.
Looks like a good turnout of cars and audience! Is the track back open for good now?

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a good turnout of cars and audience! Is the track back open for good now?
Well it’s not really for good. Although there are dates for august, sept, oct.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how did all the Tesla cars do? Lots of nice cars. That black 66/67 chevelle was my favorite.
Believe it or not the Teslas did well considering the track didn’t have enough rubber down yet being it was new pavement location for the strip. The all wheel drive vehicles like jeep hellcat were amazing.
As time passed cars got faster with more rubber down. The big guns were spinning tires all the way down.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed a lot of cars getting loose well down the strip!
Yes unfortunately a women driving a 2000 something vette came loose and swung into a barrier in the early part of the afternoon. I felt bad for her.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My son Originally had plans for tomorrow but they canceled so I was going to race tomorrow and online the tickets are sold out for car entry I am so sad.
I am going to prep like I’m going to go anyway just in case they tell me that there were more available.

Reactions: sbauman2

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well things have changed. The website allowed my purchase so they aren’t sold out. Weather is iffy but if they call it off due to weather you get another date of your choice. So guys I’m in for tomorrow.

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sleeve Cap Grey Floor Headgear

Taking Road Angel with me. God knows it’s cold enough today.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The track events seem solid but it turns out the tree huggers had the events postponed till august because tomorrow starts bird nesting season.
anyhoot.
What a great day. I’m exhausted and sore but happy. Rain was postponed till tonight. I got three runs in progressively better each time as the track warmed up. Last run was amazing because they allowed my son to ride shotgun with a helmet. And was my best burnout and best run down the track without slip sliding. I saw a late Camaro with all the bells and whistles catch me at the very end but who cares. Ole school prevailed lol
I got Mikey familiar with the car so soon he can make his own pass down the strip. I want him to know the car like I know it before he does any racing with it. Gotta tell ya she handled great on the top end.

videos to come but for now I have these.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Clothing Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the sun came out and stayed out like it wanted to watch the races instead of what the weather bone heads said it would do.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Jeans

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

My son took some pics

Wheel Cloud Sky Tire Car

Cloud Sky Water Asphalt Gas

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got this video from Mikey. I composed it into one.
Looks like you had a great time Mario. Thanks for sharing your day.
You're very welcome Steve. It was an outstanding day for me. Its a make shift drag strip on a runway that was abandoned by the Navy back in the late 60's or 70's. Navy stated they wanted it used for Motorsports but the Riverhead politicians fought it tooth and Nail for years. Tree huggers fought our motorsports groups since then. Im hoping this will show Riverhead Town the amount of revenue that was lost in all the years of denial. $65 a car entry plus $25 each spectator. There were over 200 cars present and I can't imagine less than 200 spectators as well.
All in All I am so thankful for the Town Supervisor Yvette Aguiar who got this in motion under stringent rules that we must follow to keep everyone happy. One of them is mufflers. I hate running the inserts but its that or nothing so I choose inserts.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your coupe looks fantastic Mario! Had to be one of the coolest cars out there!
I can't see the video you got from Mikey?
Working on it now.

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your coupe looks fantastic Mario! Had to be one of the coolest cars out there!
I can't see the video you got from Mikey?
Here it is guys.

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I got this video from Mikey. I composed it into one.

You're very welcome Steve. It was an outstanding day for me. Its a make shift drag strip on a runway that was abandoned by the Navy back in the late 60's or 70's. Navy stated they wanted it used for Motorsports but the Riverhead politicians fought it tooth and Nail for years. Tree huggers fought our motorsports groups since then. Im hoping this will show Riverhead Town the amount of revenue that was lost in all the years of denial. $65 a car entry plus $25 each spectator. There were over 200 cars present and I can't imagine less than 200 spectators as well.
All in All I am so thankful for the Town Supervisor Yvette Aguiar who got this in motion under stringent rules that we must follow to keep everyone happy. One of them is mufflers. I hate running the inserts but its that or nothing so I choose inserts.
Mario,
It's interesting out here. At the 2 national events held at Pomona the fuel cars and pro stock (for obvious reasons) don't run noise restrictors but every other class has to.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts