Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happens about once a year, and is a pain in the rear, and frustrating as heck. I'm not sure why the forum software does this, but every time it happens I fight the system to get "verified" and get logged back on!
I never log out, and this morning I get to the site to review posts, and do my regular admin duties, and I can't get on the site. Tried to login, but it tells me I need to enter a code the site has sent me. I enter the code, but it tells me to try again later. I try again and get a 2nd code, but it wont work. Finally after going through this process 3 times it lets me login, and it works.
Is there some reason only this forum has this mickey mouse BS and other sites you people own don't? I belong to other forums owned by you and never run into this issue. Is there some reason this site has this feature, and is there any way to change it so I don't have to go through this once a year?
PS-Once I got logged in the site still is sending me codes to login!

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Vall, isn't that why you get the big money to deal with the administrative crap that comes your way. ROFLMAO!!!!!
Do you have to do this login thing once a year Steve? I am getting it every year, and wonder if it's because I never log out, or if it's something they do to administrators?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Do you have to do this login thing once a year Steve? I am getting it every year, and wonder if it's because I never log out, or if it's something they do to administrators?
Like you I stayed logged in Vall. I know that some members have had issues logging back in after logging out but even after I do a disc clean up that erases my sign in on other sites I've never had a problem signing back on here. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to you about the yearly sign in. Maybe it's some type of enhanced security for an administrator so that it's harder to hack the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts