Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe practice, I need to figure out all the infinite settings on this new welder its not as user friendly as my Miller... here is a sample my 4-5 try with a 3/16 gap between the bottom edge of the plates at 120 amps and 50% induction setting, man this thing burns much different than my old welder, I guess Iam going to have to relly put some time in...one neat thing is a timed spot weld setting witch makes perfect little spot welds that match one another and makes it fast to do,,,, .2 seconds up to 5 seconds adjustment...you can see i did not finish the bead cause a hot piece of metal burned into my pants and leg...yea I put my leathers on after the fact

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Is that a wire feed or arc? The weld looks like a stick weld but very clean stick weld. Whatever it is it looks hot.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mario it is mig, tig, and arc...the mig burns as hot as a stick welder...I am still in the learning curve on this one... on the miller my beads are nice and tight not so much yet with this one.there are a ton of settings that the Miller did not have so that may be the problem with my bead control but that was a filler weld to see if i could weld up a large gap....at 150 amps it will burn thru 3/16 plate the inverter is great than 98% compared to a transformer model

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Wow that sounds like a nice machine. I would love to have that versatility. I have a Lincoln 220 stick for dirty steel welds and I love my Lincoln sp135 mig. I just need a tig now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts