Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say howdy

I saw a post by trifive over at the Chevy Xtreme site announcing www.c10trucks.com, then I saw the gasserhorod.com. I have a '65 Short Bed Step Side shop truck that I have customized, as well as a couple other much older Hot Rods, none of which are gassers. Nonetheless, always been a gasser fan so I felt compelled to join the site.

Here is a link to my build thread for my C10: http://talk.classicparts.com/showthread.php?t=13928

And here are a few photos of how the old warhorse looks today:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard Lakeroadster! Good job on your '65 C10. The early and mid 60's trucks have been my favorites for many years. I owned a couple of them years ago. Like MANY other classic vehicles I owned, I didn't see the value in keeping them at the time.

Enjoy your visit here. A lot of great guys with some awesome builds and a tremendous amount of knowledge. And who knows.........maybe the gasser bug will bite you too. :D

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Welcome Lakeroadster! Nice looking Chevy PU! I've laways been a Suburban guy, and had a couple in that body style; a 1960, and a 1964. Both 2wd 1/2 ton versions, plus a '57 1/2 ton. Wish I still had all of them! I've got a '69 Burb now.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Lakeroadster to our humble home. Your C10 is really great and remember, we somtimes need a tow vehicle for our gassers when we are in competition, heh. I've had a soft spot for that style chevy trucks. My Dad was a truck driver hauling Ramblers fo rmany years. He bought his only new truck, 1963 C60 semi cab in '63 and although not exactly the same as a '65, they were basically the same platform/cab. Your truck looks really good. I liked the look of the '67 style fenders that it came with the truck. It's one of the suttle little things that change a car/truck but you just don't really know what it is. But that extra little flare/body line at the top of the earlier fenders really add a nice flowing touch to it. The '67 fenders are more, business looking. I looked at some of the thread about all the work you did on the truck and it was pretty extensive. You have every right to be proud of it. Glad to have you join in and add more of the trucking community to us. We have a couple of truck the gasser guys here that enjoy their truck when they arn't driving their gassers. Enjoy the forum and again, welcome aboard. Mark L

·
Registered
395 Posts
Welcome Lakeroadster. Glad to have ya. I checked out your build thread and you've done alot of work indeed. Looking good.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice job on the 'Fauxtina'. I read your whole build thread. Looks like a U-Haul truck... did you know that Ridgefield, WA is the birthplace for U-Haul? :D

Are you going to build a gasser to keep the Camaro and the truck company?

Mike

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome Lakeroadster I'm new here myself, but the forum says gassers & hotrods and by looking at your truck I would consider it more of a rod than a restoration looks good to me. Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts