Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i found a pair of 65 falcons on a farm.. They are to good to pass up but what do i do with them?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are coming home....boy the oldlady is going to shit..maybee she will leave..lol

real men drive gassers

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Tell us MORE about them!!!! Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Val has the answer. MArk L

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 to make 1 thinking of putting my 427 fe in it and selling it. i would like a nice trailor for the riv so i can take her on trips and vacation with me..

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
There ya go. Solve one problem to solve another. The guy that widened the 9 inch for my car has that '67 Falcon still setting there. You know, if I didn't have so many things t buy for my '63 yet I think I'd buy it from him. I'm going to help a friend pull a car apart that he has sold just the body for. I'm buying the motor out of it. It's a Pontiac 1961-1963 4 cylinder, made form half of a 389. Uses many of the V8 parts and a friend built one with a turbo. I'll add the link to his build. Warning, the whole thread is enormous so you might want to just go to the last 10 pages or so. But it is very impressive. That Falco would be a great car for that 4 cylinder.

http://www.pontiaczone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23147

If you have the time it is all good reading. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
2 to make 1 thinking of putting my 427 fe in it and selling it. QUOTE]

You just made me think again of a question that's been bugging me for a long time! I see that terminology "fe" used when people are referring to either front engine dragsters, or Ford engines. So does "fe" just mean Ford engine, or some particular Ford engine?
You'd think I'd know this by my age, but never been a Ford guy! :)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
And 390s and 428s. I could use a 390 for my '59 T-bird. It's a 352 (not 351) and it needs the heads rebuilt. I see good running 390s for less that it would cost me to fix the 352, so it sits. There are also MEL engines (Merc, Edsel, Lincoln) that are totally different from FEs but were built around the same time.

If I had a spare FE I might look into these: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/3201391643.html

I need another project like I need a hole in the head. Maybe I can help Vall with his dream of building 'em by being his broker... that would be fun. :)

How did the cars go over with your OL? Have you brought them home yet?

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MY NIEGHBOR has a car for you 67' GTO hit in 78 and hasnt moved since.it hass 77k on itthe body has rotted away but the interior is complete and the power train is all orig down to the orig louverd air cleaner

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
And 390s and 428s. I could use a 390 for my '59 T-bird. It's a 352 (not 351) and it needs the heads rebuilt. I see good running 390s for less that it would cost me to fix the 352, so it sits. There are also MEL engines (Merc, Edsel, Lincoln) that are totally different from FEs but were built around the same time.

If I had a spare FE I might look into these: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/3201391643.html

I need another project like I need a hole in the head. Maybe I can help Vall with his dream of building 'em by being his broker... that would be fun. :)

How did the cars go over with your OL? Have you brought them home yet?

Mike
I've got a buddy with just what you need Mike! A 1974 Ranchero with 428 in it. It's a complete driving car, and actually pretty straight! rust free Central Oregon car, and he's selling it for around $1,000. Would make a nice donor car for the drivetrain with the 428, C6, and 9" rear.

·
Registered
699 Posts
At least with a 65 Falcon you can get parts for it! Even basic parts on a 66-70 are ridiculous to find if a lot of the stock parts a no good. The one good thing is they had the same body as the Fairlane and Torino. The 65 has some similar parts to the Mustang so it is easier to get stuff. Show us some pictures of your Farm Finds!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well ever since i brought the falcons home lots of people have stopped.but there is kid from the nieghborhood that rides by them every day and he just looks at them..reminds me ofmy self as a young lad well i just spoke to him hes 15 and loves the cars hes in mechanic shop in school he tellsme old cars rule but there alot of money.he said his dad likes old cars and asked if he could bring his dad over to see them...i told him sure you should have seen the look in his eye .. we all have it. so what im going to do is give him 1 of the falcons on condition his dad is ok with it and he works hard on it... Its not about the money its the love he has for it.. i hope he comes back on sat.it will blowhis mind..time for a beer..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts