Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the virus I got on my laptop, the computer guy said Norton was a poor anti virus program, so he loaded Kaspersky. Now I get a malicious virus warning every time I post or open a thread here at Gasser Hotrods. I emailed Marco at Autoguide about it, but haven't gotten a replly.
Anyone else using Kaspersky, or getting a warning with their program?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Norton does stink as it is a major resource hog, but I have never used Kapersky. I use spybot and some free program for viruses that has keep my computer clean for the past 7 years.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Norton does stink as it is a major resource hog, but I have never used Kapersky. I use spybot and some free program for viruses that has keep my computer clean for the past 7 years.
The computer guy put Spybot and Kaspersky both on mine. He said it's better to use them together.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Not sure about that virus program but is it giving you warnings of possible risk or actual viruses? Sometimes the security protocols can be so tight that they will give you warnings when entering just about any site.

I'll look at my pc and see what I have. I had a custom of. Hilt last year and it has been fine with what I have.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure about that virus program but is it giving you warnings of possible risk or actual viruses? Sometimes the security protocols can be so tight that they will give you warnings when entering just about any site.

I'll look at my pc and see what I have. I had a custom of. Hilt last year and it has been fine with what I have.
It's telling me that Kaspersky is blocking a malicious spyware program here. I don't get the warning at any other site I visit.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still getting a warning about some virus called "flepstudio" that says it's going from "serious" to "dangerous". Still haven't heard back from our rep at Autoguide after emailing him last week on this issue.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
There is deffinately a problem here! My Spyware/Virous protection is telling me Warning, "Blackhole Toolkit Website 21 detected!"

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have McAfee and it is also going crazy with "warnings" that say NOT to go here...... malicious virus..... spyware or recently entered by a hacker.....

I am OUTTA HERE until this clears up...... let me know.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I just got the malware warning from google. I wonder if someone hacked the site?

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not getting ANY response from Autoguide's reps. I've PM'd, and emailed them, plus sent a message to the webmaster. It seems we may have been totally forgotten. I hope someone fixes it soon, as I'm afraid to stay on long. Last go around cost me to fix my computer!

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope somefody contacts me soon! I just can't return here anymore. I'm done until I get some email sying this is fixed!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
It seems to affect the browser when I reply to a thread. I have three browsers on my of and they all give the error message. I can still get on with my iPhone. We'll see if that gets it now.

It's only this site that gives me problems.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
No more GOOGLE warnings.... so I assume all is OK again??????

1 - 20 of 28 Posts