Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nothing to do last night waiting for Mad Men to begin, so I was playing on the computer. Wondered what a body as non-gasser as a Porsche 914 would look like done up in a sort of garage find Gasser style.

Ugly as can be, but pretty brutal and even a little cool, I was surprised. I'd like to own something like this.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Like baby monkeys being so ugly they are cute. That thing is just so wrong that it makes it cool. Definitely a Rat-Gasser but begging to be built.

Mark

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"That thing is just so wrong that it makes it cool."

That's kinda what I thought. Of course if it were ever built, it would have to be entered in the "competition class" at a Porsche show/event somewhere.

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Not sure how excited I am about the look, but I love getting to the Porsche guys by making something they'll hate! I love cars that create controversy, regardless of make!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tried another "version" using a Porsche 356 shell. Not as successful on my part, kinda fuzzy and smooth, but a better body to make into a Gasser for sure.

Makes me think that a Karmann Ghia wouldn't be a bad body choice for a Mini-Gasser in the classic vein.

"916 fenders and a tail flair"

A photo of my old Porsche 356 project with flairs and a tail.

And another with a Fiat 600 Abarth rear deck lid just popped in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts