Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in the house watching the TV when I heard loud talking outside. Looked out the front window and my next door neighbor is standing in the street by the neighbor across the street's truck, and two guys are standing at each door of the truck. Neither was the neighbor who owns the truck!
So grabbed some backup and tucked it away, and stepped outside to see what's up. As I walked towards my neighbor, the two guys shut the truck doors, and take off down the street! I asked Rich what was up, and he said he saw the two inside, and asked them what they were doing? One said it was his friend's truck, and when Rich asked what his friend's name was, the guy gave the wrong name. So he told them to get out, and they began to argue with him.
We banged on the owner's door and told him what happened, and another neighbor drove up and he and the truck owner took off to see if they could find the two as the truck owner was calling 911.
Never found the crooks, but surprisingly the cops got there in minutes, and took a report. This all happened at 3:00 p.m. in broad daylight! Rich said he saw them come walking down the street, walk right to the neighbor's truck, and just open the doors and climb in! Guess he got home from work and didn't lock his truck. It's an older early 80's Ford, so not a high dollar truck. But I'd never leave mine unlocked, unless I was leaving again soon.
Pretty bold to do this in broad daylight!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Vall back in 09/2015 I got hit by some lummox bandits while I was teaching at school, I got a called from my home alarm company. That the alarm had gone on. LE was called and I met them at my residence. Took me a while to replaced items but others I could not. The good thing was that my dogs were not hurt or anyone. The shit heads and items were never found. This happened in the daylight! The good thing was that no one got hurt. Be safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We get the porch pirates and mailbox thieves here all during the day and night. Call the Police? NOTHING HAPPENS! I am getting to the point if someone comes onto my porch and tries to steal something, I will just bury the body in the back yard! So tired of the "self entitlement" culture anymore!

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We get the porch pirates and mailbox thieves here all during the day and night. Call the Police? NOTHING HAPPENS! I am getting to the point if someone comes onto my porch and tries to steal something, I will just bury the body in the back yard! So tired of the "self entitlement" culture anymore!
We've had the same thing in our neighborhood here and other areas all over the Tri County too. Porch thefts are out of control around the Christmas shipping times. I lost a pair of coilover shock springs I was sending back to Speedway many years ago. Speedway told me to put them on the porch, and asked that I wait until close to the time UPS usually delivered to do so. Not wanting to miss the driver, I waited until about 2:15, and at 3:00 I got a knock on the door and it was UPS asking for the package! Of course it had been stolen in broad daylight, in 45 minutes.
We have security cameras all around our house now, which lets us see who steals things, but doesn't stop them I'd guess. I put them in after my wife's car was burglarized, and I think the motion lights that come on with the cameras do more to stop thieves than the cameras do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts