Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The phone rang at 12:25am..... It was Gina's son, Chris calling from the hospital ...... the "Twins" are going to be born in a couple of hours .....:D

Then NOT 5 minutes after that Gina's sister called from the hospital..... their Dad (who went to the hospital yesterday) is being combative with the nurses saying he wants to go home NOW!!!!! (he is in the early stage of dementia).

So Gina just left to be with her sister and TRY as best as they can to settle him down.

What a night..... or should I say morning.

Guess I'll be up for awhile or at best "tossin' & turnin'" ...... (sounds like a good name for a gassser..... ha!!!!)

Later ..... John or you can pretty soon call me "Pap" :cool::)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Funny how good news seems to always immediately followed with bad news. John tell Gina to hang in there. Times are going to be tough. But at some point he will be gone. No matter how you beat yourself up, once he's gone, you can't make up the time. It'll be very very hard watching the changes but just remember, it is not his fault. The nice thing is, there will be times of clearity, and you can enjoy the old Father that you remembered. And, somewhere in there is still the love he always had for her. When Janets father did the same, we had some really bad times with him, but we also had great stories because of him also. We got him comfortably into a nursing home just outside of our little town. He refused to eat so Janet would go every day for two years, every day, and made sure he ate. He made it tough but her memories are only of how close she and her Father got during that time. Closer than they had ever been. They are memories that she charishes to this day. Sorry if I got carried away there John.
Congrates in advance for the twin gifts John, or GrandPaps! Does that mean you'll be coming out this way soon? Remember to let me know if you have any layovers here in Phoenix on your trip.

Great news. Today, the world just got better by a factor of two. Mark

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Congrats and condolences John. Keep your positive attitude. That's great to have the twins. My dad was a twin and he and his brother were close all their lives. It's a very special thing.

Tell Gina that we are praying for her dad. That's a tough one.

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Two of my best friends were twins, not identical, (in any way). One had been held back one year in school so they were in different classes. My best memories of them was how the two of them would physically fight. An outsider would think they'd rather kill each other rather than be brothers. But if you said or did anything to the other, you'd better be prepared to run. I can only hope the your Grand twins will be that connected with each other. You're a lucky GrandDad John. Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone..... Just got home ..... Gina spent last night with her Dad & I went up there 9am so she could get to work. Her Dad had a very bad reaction to a medication..... never seen anything like it..... combative - agitated - hallucinating.... he is still having trouble although not a violent as last night.... took 6 people to hold him down so he wouldn't hurt himself.

Sadly all of that did take away from the JOY of the "twins" being born..... Olivia & Maya. Such a "blessing".

Mark.... the flights are not stopping in Phoenix this time. Weird because we flew out on the same airline (SW) last time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts