Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a nitro burning gasser? Street legal!!

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
That's a stupid idea! ;)

Really, I'm not sure nitro is good for any longer running engine, or where you want longevity out of an engine. If you ran alcohol on the street you'd have much better engine life.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have always believed that "Brainstorming" is a good thing.

It often sparks a good Idea from sometimes a not so good idea.

I think a Nitro burning Gasser on the street is definitely "OUT OF THE BOX" thinking!!!

If you have lots,,,, LOTS!... of extra time and money ,,,,it would be a first for sure!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know.:D I start dinking too much beer and I come up with all kinds of crazy ideas.:D Some are good and some are just off the wall.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Maybe consider what guys did in the early days, and just mix a little nitro into the gas to up the HP and octane. But hope you've got deep pockets, as 100% nitro is about $60 a gallon!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow that is expensive. Maybe we could hook up an IV drip line for injection. Then it would spread the range a bit.
Hows that for crazy?

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Wow that is expensive. Maybe we could hook up an IV drip line for injection. Then it would spread the range a bit.
Hows that for crazy?
I once considered using a water injection system that was operated off a throttle position switch to feed nitro at something over 3/4 throttle. My neighbor was a manager at a plant that sold nitro and said he'd get it for me cheaper. But then he told me the nitro evaporated quickly if not in a sealed container, so when I wasn't using the injection system the nitro could simply evaporate away! That helped make up my mind and I dropped the idea.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got a price on nitro and alky mix. Approx 30 a gallon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just saying,,, you might be in good company,,, tenacity and innovation can pay off manicmechanic,, keep reading below.... if you haven't heard the story about gasoline its a good one!

.......Since this was before the popularity of automobiles, no one knew what to do with the gasoline except for Rockefeller, who had the foresight to save it and use it as fuel. This meant that by the time the automobile industry took off, Rockefeller’s Standard Oil was ready to capitalize on this new market – right at the time when the rest of the kerosene industry was in trouble:

“Most momentous of all, the automobile promised to consume that vile, useless by-product, gasoline, and Standard Oil cultivated the new carmakers. When Henry Ford rolled out his first vehicle, Charlie Ross, a Standard Oil salesman, stood by with a can of the trust’s Atlantic Red Oil. “ ...........

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rockefeller talked Ford into using gasoline. Ford wanted to make his cars run on alky. He bought millions of acres of sugarcane property to do it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe I'll do that ;)! Have a hot line:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts