Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum!
Great looking '49 Chevy coupe! Got some details on the drivetrain, etc.?
the drive train is a Merlin block 540ci board 30 over
Diamond pistons , eagle crank , H rods , massive cam , custom aluminum heads ,
Car has a two speed power glide Trany with strange axle and rear gears.
730hp on pump gas 750hp on c12. We run c12 pretty much all the time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hey, I am building a 51 chevy, can you snap some pics of your steering set-up? I got a shit storm happening on mine and want to sort it out soon!

·
Administrator
13,689 Posts
the drive train is a Merlin block 540ci board 30 over
Diamond pistons , eagle crank , H rods , massive cam , custom aluminum heads ,
Car has a two speed power glide Trany with strange axle and rear gears.
730hp on pump gas 750hp on c12. We run c12 pretty much all the time.
Sounds like fun! And looks like you still drive it on the street too?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I am building a 51 chevy, can you snap some pics of your steering set-up? I got a shit storm happening on mine and want to sort it out soon!
When I get home I’ll do a few pics and post them for you.
I have just these for now showing how the shaft is coming threw the firewall. I’ll get a few better ones later showing the steering box.

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
When I get home I’ll do a few pics and post them for you.

I have just these for now showing how the shaft is coming threw the firewall. I’ll get a few better ones later showing the steering box.

Wow, your motor sits way higher than mine, that is why I am having issues with the steering shaft. I am almost identical to you coming out of the firewall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, your motor sits way higher than mine, that is why I am having issues with the steering shaft. I am almost identical to you coming out of the firewall.
I can measure the solid motor mounts for you when I get home. I used the beer cans as covers thought it looked cool

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are a few pics. Hope they help.
solid mounts are 6 inch

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Can you get a shot of how you mounted your steering box? I think the key to making mine work is to get a bent pittman arm to bring the drag link down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts