Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here remember a Ford Ranger gasser, about 1990-1994, Dark Green in color that ran in the Pacific Northwest that had the name "Poison Ivy"? It is a gasser, and it is currently up for auction on my daughters Estate Sale Company's web site. I think it is going up for bids this weekend. It is located in Eatonville, Washington. The truck currently has the motor out, but it is all complete. If anyone is interested, send me a message and I will send photos and any info she has on it. Former owner passed away and his Daughter is selling off all his tools and autos through my Daughters business. Highest bidder will win it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Unfortunately the truck never ran here in the PNW. It wasn't finished, and the owner passed away, so it's being sold.
It's quite a coincidence, this posting. Most of us who have been on the forum for a while know whos' truck it was and just last week I was thinking about the estate and wondering if the executor would reach out to anyone for suggestions or help. I wonder what's up with the hemi hot rod?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just went to website to see how Poison Ivy and the hot rod bids are with 4 days remaining. There are 2 items that got my attention. Will call tomorrow and see if they would fed ex or ups ship to Texas if I win the bid

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's quite a coincidence, this posting. Most of us who have been on the forum for a while know whos' truck it was and just last week I was thinking about the estate and wondering if the executor would reach out to anyone for suggestions or help. I wonder what's up with the hemi hot rod?
It is listed in the same sale. Since I posted about this truck, I became aware of the circumstances surrounding the previous owner. I want to apologize to the group for my previous post. I was not aware of this gentleman's passing. My Daughter is the owner of the Estate Company that has been chosen by his Daughter to liquidate his Estate. I wanted to give everyone a "heads up" on this gasser truck. I have seen it today and it appears to be a very nice truck. As for the Dodge Car and Trailer, it was there in the garage and is currently in disassembled state. All the parts are there and will go with the car, the same as the parts for the truck. This auction is go8ing on now and will close Saturday at 6 pm. Pickup will be the following week end. If anyone wants to know more, please let me know and I will attempt to answer your questions. Thankyou all. Rick

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Does anyone here remember a Ford Ranger gasser, about 1990-1994, Dark Green in color that ran in the Pacific Northwest that had the name "Poison Ivy"? It is a gasser, and it is currently up for auction on my daughters Estate Sale Company's web site. I think it is going up for bids this weekend. It is located in Eatonville, Washington. The truck currently has the motor out, but it is all complete. If anyone is interested, send me a message and I will send photos and any info she has on it. Former owner passed away and his Daughter is selling off all his tools and autos through my Daughters business. Highest bidder will win it. Thanks!
Just went to website to see how Poison Ivy and the hot rod bids are with 4 days remaining. There are 2 items that got my attention. Will call tomorrow and see if they would fed ex or ups ship to Texas if I win the bid
Rik, depending on what the items are, I may be able to go down and pick them up and ship them if they cannot do it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Update Thank you MIKE for the offer. I called the company very nice people and got told they would work with ME Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keeping an eye on Poison Ivy, Hot Rod with the hemi and 2 smaller items I like.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Just makes me angry that we couldn’t post a well deserved tribute to Road Angel but the estate sale is being advertised here. Just isn’t right.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I wonder what had happen when I learned about his passing but thought it was on my computer. Yes I agree with both you Steve and Mario and the rest of the guys here on this forum
Hey look if anyone here should want to buy stuff that’s your own business. If anyone it should be members here rather than outsiders.

·
Administrator
13,605 Posts
Just makes me angry that we couldn’t post a well deserved tribute to Road Angel but the estate sale is being advertised here. Just isn’t right.
I couldn't agree more with both of you! I'm very disappointed that we couldn't do something for our friend, yet for financial gain his stuff can be linked. Just doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
As I set here wearing my Clay Smith beanie on, I too wish there had been a better place to have heard about this. I did some checking when I heard Road Angel had passed and found out he lived by himself and didn't have family close. After settling my Uncle's estate, I understand the need for the auction. It was just weird that it came full circle and appeared on our website. I am not looking to steal a sale if thats what you think. I believe if I can support his estate and keep something of his to keep the gasser flame burning, then I am doing right. If we want to do a memorial it would need to be on his build page as I do not believe there was a memorial service for him by his family. Just my opinion. Sorry if I ruffled someones feathers.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just out of curiosity I googled our deceased members name. The only information that came up was his voter registration info. It would appear that no obituary was posted by family members. There must a serious reason why the family didn't want his name and death put in print. Only thing I can think of is they want to avoid anyone from his past (like an ex-wife from a contentious divorce) popping up and making a claim.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
As I set here wearing my Clay Smith beanie on, I too wish there had been a better place to have heard about this. I did some checking when I heard Lash had passed and found out he lived by himself and didn't have family close. After settling my Uncle's estate, I understand the need for the auction. It was just weird that it came full circle and appeared on our website. I am not looking to steal a sale if thats what you think. I believe if I can support his estate and keep something of his to keep the gasser flame burning, then I am doing right. If we want to do a memorial it would need to be on his build page as I do not believe there was a memorial service for him by his family. Just my opinion. Sorry if I ruffled someones feathers.
Mike, I don't believe you ruffled anyones feathers. A suggestion though. You might want to edit your post, remove his name, as the family requested we not use it, and replace it with his forum name "Road Angel" which was ok with his family.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts