Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, never been much of a forum guy but when I seen this one about gassers I had to join. A little info about me, I have been building hot rods and 4X4s all my life and my latest is a Jeep Commando gasser. It's been a blast building it and I am still not done, but they never are. Its a 71, I have a Chevy 327 with a medium build, turbo 350, dana 44 rear, and a 94 cherokee front that I narrowed to fit. Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
jp, a big welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here. In 1967 I saw my first street gassers. One was a '57 Chevy straight axle, all of the grille etc gone and a big block Mopar moved back about 15 inches. The other was a gasser made out of the same Jeep Commando as you have. Could not see what the motor was but it too was moved back about 12 inches. They were in town together at a bar then they disappeared. I never saw them again. But they put a Gasser bug in me that has never been satisfied until my build now. I never knew what the Jeep was called that I saw so now I have a model name after all these years. I remember that the driver had to sit with his gas foot stretched across the firewall/tunnel hump to drive it. Glad that you found us and decided to join in. Looking for ward to knowing more about you and your car/cars. Enjoy your time here.

Mark

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hi welcome to the site. Love the old Cammando's, never seen one done as a gasser. Looking good though. Kick your feet up and stay awhile.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Really cool project, JP! Glad to have you aboard. Lookin' forward to watching your completion.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome JP, love your choice. I have liked those since the first time I saw one. Like a newer version of the Jeepster. I have seen them lowered, 4x4d, and now gassered. Nice!

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts