Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
Looks like an interesting place to hang out and talk about gassers! I recently took a '57 210 sedan in on trade, appears to have been built as a gasser type sometime in the mid 60's. In the process of planning it's return to the drag strip and a bit of street action.... Having a blast and hoping to gather a lot of good input here concerning the car.

Dave

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome... Got some things to finish up on a project now, then it's on to the '57!!! Time and funds permit, hope to have it done this summer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Folks don't let old Dave you fool you about being a new guy. This dude has forgotten more about Hot Rods than most of us will ever have the chance to learn. Welcome Dave glad you found this place.

Here's a couple of pictures of Daves project gasser, he will have this thing shinning like a new penny in no time.
Roland

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice start! Looks like an older build, any history? Looks like tow bar hookups on the front?

Later,

Mike
In the process of chasing some history on the car, lots of requests for information out but so far I haven't recieved anything definitive on the history of the car... Starting to seem like it may have been raced in a different area, then brought to South Dakota some time in the early to mid 70's.... The car was painted white prior to the yucky primer on it now. By the materials used and method of construction I would say it was a mid-60's build. Yes, it had some tow bar hooks, and what appears to be the remains of a tilt assembly for the front end, possibly a one piece 'glass unit??? I got a steel Bel Air front end with the car, so I'm thinking I'll build it with a steel tilt front.

Thanks Roland, hope it turns out nice! It is certainly a nice enough car to deserve some quality parts and a ton of TLC!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts