Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a old guy with a passion for cars. Built a few, raced a few, broke more than my fair share. I try to do a project a year. Sometimes a car, sometimes a bike, sometimes something just strange. Lets see if I can do this...Here is last years project.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wow! Awesome '60 Biscane! Don't see too many of those, especially gassers! Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects and sharing some old war stories! Pull up the easy chair and enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, most 60's get made into some POS lowrider crap. I just couldn't make myself do that. would have been a waste of a perfectly good 498 bbc

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Jayp. The '60 is one of my favorite early Chevy's. Almost had one when I was 16 but could not swing enough cash to pick it up. Really nice one you have there. And it does look tough. Glad you joined in and looking forward to reading more about it. Don't forget to take us down memory lane with your old and other projects. We all love to hear about them.

Mark L

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very nice looking mobile ! You old geezers are my inspiration. I've been a gasser nut since I was a kid. Not to far back because I'm only 42. You old guys that did the dirty in the day and today are the fire that'll never die. Hold your head up high and be proud of what it is you represent. Now, let's get that old biscuit off the dance floor so I can drag you ass !!

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Welcome jayp. Love the Chevy. First body style that I have seen done gasser in awesome taste. Usually they're way up there with big tires all around.
I would love to see any old pics of your old rides.
Mario

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the Welcome! Looks like my kind of place.
I turn 60 this year so there are a few cars that are gone plus a couple more that are in progress that meet the gasser description.
Current projects are a Cacklefest dragster, and a Henry J

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Of course we are interested JayP...:D Man that 60 biscayne is pretty. What type of injection is on the dragster motor?
mario

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Enderle injection on a steel crank '63 327. Heads are 461 camel hump. So far the only run time is on the dyno doing the break in runs. It is a clone of the original that was run in the day.
The car was originally built in late 1964 by Jim Davis for Leo Dunn and is pretty much unmolested. Last pass was in 1967 and then parked after setting a new national record at the winter nationals when Hanson & Dunn became Brunelli & Dunn, switching over to a twin small block engined Davis built front motored car (that I also own). The Brunelli family still owns Centeral Chevy in Fremont and they still own the next generation big block rear engined twin after the small block twin

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Enderle injection on a steel crank '63 327. Heads are 461 camel hump. So far the only run time is on the dyno doing the break in runs. It is a clone of the original that was run in the day.
The car was originally built in late 1964 by Jim Davis for Leo Dunn and is pretty much unmolested. Last pass was in 1967 and then parked after setting a new national record at the winter nationals when Hanson & Dunn became Brunelli & Dunn, switching over to a twin small block engined Davis built front motored car (that I also own). The Brunelli family still owns Centeral Chevy in Fremont and they still own the next generation big block rear engined twin after the small block twin
That's some interesting history, Jay! Many of us probably know of similar however uniquely different stories. That's one of the greatest attributes of this site...... the stories and experiences of a relatively short but significant period of time as witnessed through the eyes and minds of the average hot-rodder. As we all know, there will come a time when the stories and memories will only be those recorded. Thanks for sharing your time and memories not only with us here, but hopefully with future generations of iron-heads.... or Gasser Hot-Rodders! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good lookn 60. Have a friend that has his 60 from high school days and it's ben sitting in his garage since then (What a Waste!) Are you going to race it or drive it or both?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a cruiser for now. Thought that I'd like one to drive on the street. Don't bet against it never making a pass or even a few, As I'm on the board of directors of the club that runs the local track and have been known to make a few test blasts during the week with some of the other project cars and bikes.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just joined up myself, welcome ! Beautiful ride, I had one back in 1969, always loved the look of it, both tuff and a bit flamboyant at the same time. Perfect ! !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm very pleased with how it came out. I had a vision in my head and built to match that image. Everything (including machine and body work) except the upholstery was done in our (myself and a partners) hobby shop.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts