Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my wife and sister were shopping, I decided to go to a junkyard I had not visited since around 2003. I went to Springfield Auto Recyclers in Springfield, OR. It was once a very large yard with a lot of cool cars. When I got there a lot of the yard was empty. The guy said when scrap prices went up he scrapped his newer cars and left the old stuff. I am glad he did it the right way! He used to have a projects section where he would put the restorable but rough cars. The two I remember were a 1966 T-bird and a 1966 or 67 Charger. The others I can't think of. I was hoping to find Falcon bumpers but no luck. I did find stuff like 73-74 Charger bumpers, studebaker bumpers and other neat finds. I found a 94 T-bird IRS with driveshaft. I measured the shaft and it is 55" which is exactly what I need to install into my Falcon. I also found a 56 Chevy pickup solid front axle and an older truck solid axle with wishbone setup. I wouldn't mind taking the solid axle home with me, but I know it would cost a lot of money.

I did take a lot of pictures so here they are.

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Wow! That's a very clean and tudy looking junkyard! We've got a couple close here that have a lot of old cars, but they're a mess to sort through! One here in Boring, Or. is a big mudhole, and always end up wet and dirty just going to look at parts cars.
Thanks for the cool pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts