Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not...was time for an oil change on my 2016 F-150...all you have to do is take off all this shit to get it done....you can work around it like ford did on my first free oil change ...but when I got home there was oil drops in my drive way...that is what happens if you do not remove at least the main cover oil runs all over your steering rack and frame and gets all the bushing soaked in oil...when ford did I spent 2 hours cleaning all the bushing and mess up...so screw that shit...just do it right and be done with it...also will not have to buy new covers in a few years do to being oil soaked...they are made from so weird fabric plastic type stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I took all that shit off my Magnum. It's mostly to meet EPA requirements for oil leaking on the road anyway.

·
Administrator
13,138 Posts
Reminds me of one oil change I did years ago on my wife's Mazda she had then. Once was enough, and after that I told her to have the dealer do it. They charged the same for it as any other lube place, so why bother screwing with all that PITA stuff.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve must be a MoPar thing with the leaky oil...the large panel is to cover the cats to prevent grass fires...the heavy steel one is a bash plate to protect the electric steering ecm module...the small black one the steering rack boots....it is a truck W/T, so every thing is aimed at protecting when on the job site...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
My Mopar doesn't leak !!! The drip pan is the only piece I removed because it's such a PITA anytime something needs to be done underneath the car. I don't even do my own oil changes on this car either. When I bought it I knew I was going to keep it quite some time and got a lifetime oil change and alignment service for it which has already paid for itself. Before anybody says that I'm getting shitty oil they use Castrol semi synthetic.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I will say it...YOUR GETTING SHITTY OIL...................LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts