Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get my weekly Speedway sell you something email, and inside I see something called "flatstop" that's a thing you park your car on and is supposed to keep from getting flats spots on the tires. Well I'm curious why they cost $250, but I think maybe it's for 10 of them, or maybe even more? No, it's for one!!!!

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Flats...edway&utm_campaign=120612+Holiday+Gifts+50258

What the heck can these be, and what makes them worth $250 each? Are flat spots really that bad that you'd spend $1000 to park your car on 4 of them? Yikes!

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd never buy them, and if I got them as a gift I'd be really ticked! I wonder if the decimal point is a couple digits off on their price?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I think the tire rollers do about the same thing as that and they don't cost near as much and you get to move the car by yourself if needed.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ouch! 250 could be spent in a lot of different ways besides some junk like that!

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got an email back from Speedway replying to my question if this was a misprint. They said the price is for 4, as Steve said, and that the manufacturer sets the price. If I was Speedway I'd probably not even carry them in the catalog.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet you're right Steve! I just got another email from Speedway stating they posted my question and their answer at the product site. So I guess everybody who looks at those will see me asking if this is a joke too! :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Are they for hauling on a trailer? I know some guys ar fanatical about the suspensions on there race cars getting worn out bouncing down the road on a trailer.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Saw them in the 'New Products' section of the new HOT ROD mag - list $237/set.

I need to invent something to sell...

Mike
If you do, make it something worth buying! If it's not worth buying the price is irrelevent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts