Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got an email from the NHRA museum yesterday and thought I'd share it in case any of the members in the So Cal aren't aware of this up coming event. I went to the
Orange County Raceway 30th reunion in 2007 and it was great; the museum really knows how to put on an event. In the back of the museum they had set up a staging area with a Christmas Tree and fired up and staged several pair of fuel altereds, gassers and AWB cars. I just ordered my ticket.
http://museum.nhra.com/apcm/APCMviewer.asp?a=62250

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A correction here. In my first post I said it was the 30th anniversary for OCIR that I attended in 2007. It was the 30th anniversary of the closing of Irwindale in 1977. This is the 50th anniversary of their opening in 1965. I've also heard that the Automobile Driving Museum in Torrance, CA. that put on the 'A Tribute To Gassers' event last June is considering another one since the first one was such a success.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The weather here in So Cal has been great so tomorrow should be a perfect day for the reunion. I didn't get around to putting the Gear Vendors OD unit in my 53 so it looks like I'll be riding the Harley out to the event. Hopefully they'll have the staging area set up behind the museum again for some more great photos. The included photos are from the 2007 event.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts