Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new Hot Rod Deluxe and it has a double front engine dragster. I have some parts laying around and a big block without a home. Now the ADD is kicking in. I need to finish my Falcon soon before I get side tracked! lol I think gassers and these old dragsters just go together. I love seeing pictures of the seat of the pants barely safe (or is it safe?) trips down the strip. There are not as may gassers in the new mag but the different dragsters were cool to look at.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hot Rod Deluxe is a GREAT magazine.

With the growing popularity of "nostalgia drag racing" and especially gasser-style hot rods HRD magazine is now being published every month. Wouldn't miss an issue.

Each issue brings back sooooo many memories!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I would scrounge all over the palace I worked at in Baghdad for the three copies of HRD that were there. I would read them a couple times until I had to pass them on to the next people. Since I missed that era entirely being born at the end of the 70's, I really have been soaking up the builds from the 50's and 60's.

I never really looked at how in a FED, your legs are over the rear end until I got the HRD magazines. That was either pure guts, sheer stupidity or a mix of both and I love it.

I has motivated me to go work on my falcon tonight and get that dang engine bolted in. If I am lucky I can have the trans in also tonight.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I know what you mean. I took all my Ford 9 inch center section stuff over the the rearend guy (car rearend HA!) nd while exchanging gasser info, telling him about my Pontaic I mentioned all the Novas and Falcons that you guys are building. Comparing the smaller cars to my big behemouth. He pointed in the backyard (full of project cars) and told me to look behind the '69 El Camino. He is sitting on a 1970 Falcon 2 dr sedan with the special package that puts crome trim on all the window trim and a nicer interior etc. I think he said it was a V8 car with auto. It is complete with only a small ding near the front headlight in the fender. Lots of surface rust where the vinyl roof held moisture. The car is not perfect but a really solid california car. If anyone might be interested and wants to ship it home he wants to get rid of it. I can get pics. I am so tempted to grab it and take it home. It would make a great little street machine. Mark L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts