Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got me an early Christmas present of a subscription to Gasser Wars Magazine. I was hoping my 1st issue would be the coverage of the Meltdown Drags. Not so, so we ordered a back issue which came today. I saw the crowd shot and there I was, standing at the fence.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Way to Go Gary. My claim to fame was being at a super chevy at englishtown NJ. I had the oldest iron there that drag raced and the only recognition I received was a picture of the roof of my car behind a show car parked while the photographer took the photo of a 66 malibu in the foreground. But I made the issue non the less in 1996. LOL

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't really mean much to me. I just put it up here for fun. Sad thing is, though they let me and my '36 in the car show part of the event, I was still just a spectator. I hope to have Henry on the road, in primer,this summer, I don't think I'll want to drive it 200 miles, race it and drive 200miles back. By the time I am ready to run it down the track, the Meltdown will probably be so big they won't want me clogging up the staging lanes with a street car.

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
I bet the Meltdown will be happy to have your Henry J in the mix! I'd like to make it back there some day, just to watch it.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It's still kind of cool to see yourself or car in print. My 53 is somewhat featured in the current Gasser Wars Magazine on the title page of the current issue covering the "Tribue to Gassers" event held in June at the Automobile Driving Museum in Torrance, CA. I had wanted to get the new Ford Tunnel Wedge manifold I bought installed so that I'd have the scoop sticking out of the hood but I didn't get the modifications done to the manifold in time. This past summer I also won an open header competition at a local event. A buddy of mine (owns the Red 32 with the small block Chevy parked next to me; that's his tri-power set up snapping and back firing in the video too) and I were the last two to park for the competition. After hearing the Mopars and others he really thought he was going to win; he'd never heard my motor uncorked though. The guy filming for Black Top Magazine just missed the burn out I did in the parking lot across the street after I uncorked it to bring it over for the contest. http://www.streetfire.net/video/classic-chrome-block-party_2456825.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts