Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the unthinkable yesterday. I thought this car would be with me until I died. I had a ton of help from all of you on this forum and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My perspective changed when I met my new (and first) grandson. Our daily driver car is getting older, and we needed a newer car for its dependability. We are using the money from the chevy to pay down some bills and bought a newer car. It has been a wild 3.5 years since I got it, but it was a blast! I won't miss having to re-do things since you were all polite enough to tell me I screwed something up, but I am a whole lot smarter for being on here. If I can, I would like to still hang around just to see what's happening.

Thanks again!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

· Registered
2,494 Posts
I'm with Vall, can't post a "like", only tears.
Nose Head Eye Smile Iris
At least you got the joy, frustration, exasperation and sense of pride of building your gasser plus you were able to enjoy it for a while. I for one really enjoyed following your build and also that you remained an active participant on the forum after you finished unlike many of the others who have joined; for that I thank you. I also look forward to reading any other posts you contribute.

· Registered
7,881 Posts
Well I do know how you feel Dave. I sold the MG to pay down my forced truck loan due to COVID 2020. I had to buy the truck out of the lease which was cheaper than going new. Used was ridiculously priced. But any hoot I will miss your little battles and victories Here on the project thread. You did a good job building your car and maybe some day we will see another one. You are always welcome here in my book.

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Well Dave your car is on ebay. Don't know how much you got for it but it'll be interesting to follow the bidding and see if it reaches the reserve that the dealership has set which I imagine is what the dealer paid.

· Registered
1,532 Posts
I, as well, cannot click "Like". I will miss your car, but, you need to stick around and say hi once in a while. Plus on the positive side, you now have the gasser sickness, there may be another one in your future. Maybe not right away, but its there!

· Registered
1957-150 Gasser
32 Posts
I always liked that car …..I get anxiety seeing things loaded like that because I suffer from sellers remorse most of the time. My buddy sent me my 150 Ls 57 that was for sale again shortly after my trade! Yes I miss the car but I felt better and laughed because 1937Austin was my voice of reason on that one and I had the better deal hands down.

Life is full of decisions and we all make them right wrong or indifferent we have reason at the time.

· Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yea, I have been watching their website and they have it listed at 19950. E-bay is at 7000 now. I do not mind saying what I got- 12,000. I was happy with that. I find it funny that they used my description and did not even put the aluminum tank on the front. Seems like they just wanted it gone.

· Registered
7,881 Posts
So sorry you had to sell your car. But, you got some bills paid, a newer vehicle and, best of all, a new Grandson! Congratulations on him, sorry about the car. There may be another one drop in your lap! Never say done!
Well said. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

· Registered
24 Posts
sorry to hear about the sale, but I think some of us have been there. As mentioned, never say never, and who knows what will come your way in the future. Building my first gasser now and look forward to searching out the build thread of your Chevy and seeing what you did. Congrats on the grandson!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts