Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well......I know I read some comments a few days ago but I can't find them now. I know ALL of us have had this thought at LEAST once in our automotive dealings.

Like the day I lost my temper and practically gave away the '31 Chevy 2D Sedan, or the '34 Coupe, or the '57 Anglia Gasser, OR........

Anyway......I pass by a local tourist attraction quite often and occasionally stop and do the honors so deserved. Today I stopped and took this picture. Probably should have taken "one" in the rear just for good measure. :D :D :D

Kickin Machine.jpg

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
That was my recent post about replacing my starter when the solenoid was loose! And that machine is way better than mine! Mine only has one boot and a pull rope! ;)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
It would be my luck that the bearing would be seized and I'd have to throw myself on it about 4 times to get results. Funny side story. When I was in High school I worked part time as a mechanic. We had a semi tractor in the shop but it had to be right up against the wall to allow access to the rear lift. The drivers door was against that wall and to get tools or parts you had to get out of the truck, close the door, and slide past the door ducking under the mirror. Well ******* gear head with the hard learning curve here, I got out of the truck and started to walk forward along the wall as I closed the door. Bam--mirror in the head--. Everyone laughed as the bump raised on top of my head. So what does super mechanic do again??? Of course, climb out of the truck and---BAM--- right on top of the first bump. Now I'm laying on the floor holding my head, when I realize, everyone else is laying on the floor too. But their laughing their patooots off. But hey--the third time I ducked. See you can teach a dummy something. (My heads till hurts--LOL)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Like Valls ( only one boot ) this one here I saw down at GM Carlisle.... First one I ever saw but got a big KICK out of it ;) ;)

Ha!!! Would make a great piece of garage art.

Looks like it's at the Swap Meet?????

From the look of the wood it looks fairly new?????

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yup, yer right John, it was at GM Carlisle this summer. And it did appear fairly new. :)
Two of my favorite words..... Carlisle & Summer !!!!!

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
It's flawed engineering! Looks like the rope is hooked to the side that would pull the boot away, not towards your butt! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts