Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, finally in our new house. Of course we scheduled it when everyone else was getting snow and the coldest weekend here in St. Louis. But, the snow is all gone now and it is going to be in the 60's this weekend, so I am looking forward to organizing the garage!

Which brings up my question- while moving all my junk, I found the oil pump shaft that goes between the disty and the pump. I misplaced it in Pittsburgh and forgot about it when I put the pump in. Do I have to drop the oil pan and pump to put that shaft in? With its little keeper? Please say no. :(

Picture of the free ride to its new home courtesy of AAA.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Did you put the collar on the pump Dave? If you did, then the shaft can be installed from above. If the collar isn't on the pump then you're stuck dropping the oil pump to install the shaft. Don't forget to snap it in once you've got it aligned correctly. A hard round dowel, or brass rod can help tap it in place on the collar. If you have the collar on the pump.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you put the collar on the pump Dave? If you did, then the shaft can be installed from above. If the collar isn't on the pump then you're stuck dropping the oil pump to install the shaft. Don't forget to snap it in once you've got it aligned correctly. A hard round dowel, or brass rod can help tap it in place on the collar. If you have the collar on the pump.
I did none of the above. dammit. I had that sealed up nice and sturdy too. aarrggghhhh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts