Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these wheels. They look just like a pair of Ansens except for valve stem location. Anyone have any feed back on them? I am considering them for my gasser 63 Nova build

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I really like them, but I need at least 12 wide prefer 14-15. But not available.

Mark L

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Surprising that they offer all the 17" sizes, but not wider than 10" in 15" wheels. A traditional styled wheel in a 17" diameter seems a contradiction. Can't imagine what those low profile 17" tires would look like on a slotted wheel?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Not good I suspect. Mark L

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never mind, I found out theses wheels only take an acorn style lug nut.
Probably not cool for the drag strip! Found another place called American Rebel mfg. they make all sizes and offer the correct lugs

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Acorn style lugnuts are on millions of stock wheels, and very acceptable at drags. They allow a tech to instantly see the stud and whether it has full length through the lugnut.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are correct that you can see studs but they don't allow for an open ended lug that has the color that fits in side the hole. Not cool for any drag car I want to drive. Maybe I am over thinking it but my last two cars were RJ race cars built ex pro stock cars and I dint like havin a lil acorn nut that would have been used on a stck steel wheel

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
You are correct that you can see studs but they don't allow for an open ended lug that has the color that fits in side the hole. Not cool for any drag car I want to drive. Maybe I am over thinking it but my last two cars were RJ race cars built ex pro stock cars and I dint like havin a lil acorn nut that would have been used on a stck steel wheel
My local tire store carries nice chrome acorn nuts that look great. Most the newer mags use conical nuts now, so not a problem getting chrome heavy duty acorn nuts. The new style chrome have a larger taper base, so they're beefier than a stock acorn nut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts