Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but not a NEW guy by any means. I have a 38 Chevy Coupe that I have had since 1974. It was set up Gasser style when I bought it but I took a bad turn and got in with a Streetrod bunch in the 90's and jacked it all up with Mustang II, Lincoln Versailles rear end, AC, Power everything etc.....

I am now in the process of putting it back the way it is supposed to be, Gasser style. Original leaf spring front is going back under it (bought a 38 sedan frame to fix it with) 409, fenderwell headers, TH400 with switch pitch torque converter, cross steering, Saginaw manual box. Look forward to sharing some tales.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Welcome EZ. Sounds like a great project. Darned ole streetrodders anyway :). Funny how our tastes change over the years. At least you know what was there and how it worked to start with. Hopefully not too much cutting and changing. We look forward to a re-build thread from you. Take a look around and stay awhile.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
A big welcome EZ. Glad you found us. We all go through a metamorphosis during our life times and that includes choice of and style of cars we build. But since the Gasser style is so ingrained in the early days and it is a cult of its own, many find it a place to return too. A 409 motor-vated '38 will be a great car. Hope to watch the build and see it come to fruition. Enjoy your time here and have fun.

Mark

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Welcome EZ! I started out with gassers in the 60's, and went on to muscle cars. Really liked the 60's and early 70's muscle cars, but at some point they started to bore me, and I wanted another gasser. Now I'm head over heels in love with gassers again, and don't even give a muscle car a 2nd look.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Welcome EZ, sounds like you have a lot of history to share from texas. Please post any pictures of your car if you have them. Love the old nostalgia. Im a chevy lover too.
Have a great time with the project. Looking forward to seeing it on the thread.
Mario

·
Registered
643 Posts
"I am ....putting it back the way it is supposed to be, Gasser style."

Now we are talking! Welcome!

·
Registered
752 Posts
OK, I will say it. Pictures please! And welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts