Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Brian checking in from Central Florida, drive a 60 Falcon Gasser, currently building a rearend with more gear for it, have a 51 Willys Jeep Pickup thats getting gassered, bunch of other projects, like most gearheads. Look forward to being a part of the forum, hope I can contribute.
Brian

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brian. Post some photos of the Willy's pickup you are building. The Falcon has a great attitude to it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks MAXFLO & maddog3299!

maddog3299 It was a ol Kansas farm truck sat neglected for 40 years, guy brought it to Florida then had to move, I rescued it from the crusher when scrap price was high. It looks rough, but is actually quite solid, I bobbed the frame in the back and shortened the bed, bed is now 4&1/2 feet long. Going for the Mura Bros. 41 Willys look on the bed and bobbed rear frame.
Day I got it to the house:

Bed stock lenght:

Bed bobbed:

I got some build threads coming on it. It's getting the top chopped 5 inches the doors are going to be suicided, getting a tube front axle with transverse leaf and hairpins. The rear suspension is cool it's lo-buck but very effective 60 to 72 chevy truck ladderbar hybrid setup and can be done on the cheap if your good at scrounging, i'll put a thread up for that soon. It will definitely have a 4 speed in it, I like rowing gears!:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome from Gautier, MS. Nice Falcon I like the stance. A friend doing a 62 gasser (build thread in the projects section) and another Southerngasser member Jessie Holmes ( Jessie Holmes Performance in Pensacola ) is doing a 62 Falcon gasser also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Judd,
I used to go to a little drag strip 1/8th mile track outside of Tupelo Ms when I was in the Marines, I was stationed in Millington Tn, just outside of Memphis. Some fast cool rides in Mississippi. Been so long ago can't remember the name of it.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome aboard, FlynBrian. Cool name and cool cars. I always had a soft spot for those 1st gen Falcons. It was supposed to be my first car, a red one with a 3-on-the-tree. Lost out on that one. They make great gassers, look so tough.

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the Gasser board of choice, LOL. Good to have you join up and having two gassers gives you the two Gasser discount. You get in for twice as "free", HA! I think we may have as many Falcons as we have Nova/Chevy II's. The more the merrier. Keep us updated so we can watch the progress. Damn, we could put on a real show if we could get all our cars together in one place. Man that would be great. Glad you became part of the family. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Are you going to move that rearend forward on the Jeep also? Looks a bit out of proportion with the axle so close to the tailgate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are you going to move that rearend forward on the Jeep also? Looks a bit out of proportion with the axle so close to the tailgate.

Vall, those are the original 16inch wheels and they were tall, just mock up, the rearend is moved 5 inches forward as the front axle will be also, when it goes in, the front axle will be 5 inches forward, with the Jeep front fenders the way they are made, it looks good. I have a set of rounded rear early 30's pickup fenders that were too rough for a buddys build, they will work good for me after I bob them and trim them up for the jeep bed. I have always liked the Mura Bros 41 Willys Gasser since I was a little guy, since the real steel 41 Willys are out of reach for me right now, this 51 Jeep is a poor man Willys, lol, so I figured I'd make my version in this body style, they have a hell of a frame in them, should take plenty of horsepower and abuse. I will be doing the rear fenders soon, I almost have the rear suspension done, I'll start a build thread on it soon.

mt94ss & Marks63PontiacGasser Thanks Guys!!! Mike I had a 55 Chevy 2dr post Gasser I loved, had to sell it to help with my Dads brain cancer bills in 2006, it's still around runnin nostalgia events with the new owner, i'll post a pic up later.

My Old 55 Chevy Gasser:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Falcon gassers are always cool. I bet that truck will be fun when it's finished.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Where in Fl. are you located? Maybe we could get a central Fl. Gasser club going.I have a Morris Minor street gasser and a 57 Chevy shorty wagon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts