Gasser HotRod Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Sorry, dang auto correct. Which style is what I meant, talking steering front or behind. Thanks!
Whenever possible I try to put my steering boxes in front of the axle with pitman arm pointed back. It gets the steering box away from fenderwell header heat, and allows more clearance also. It does require a steering arm pointed forward on the passenger side, where rear steer allows you to tie steering to the tie rod occasionally. But considering most setups need a 3rd arm on the top two spindle bolts, it will need the extra arm either way to get a flat drag link.
This is my current setup on my '39 Chev when I was mocking it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Whenever possible I try to put my steering boxes in front of the axle with pitman arm pointed back. It gets the steering box away from fenderwell header heat, and allows more clearance also. It does require a steering arm pointed forward on the passenger side, where rear steer allows you to tie steering to the tie rod occasionally. But considering most setups need a 3rd arm on the top two spindle bolts, it will need the extra arm either way to get a flat drag link.
This is my current setup on my '39 Chev when I was mocking it up.

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate your time!
Scott

·
Registered
14 Posts
You've got some decent drag strips in Wa. too. If you're into gassers and can make it, the Riverdale Raceway Park will have old time drags the 3rd weekend in August. Used to be put on by Billetproof, but now it's put on by a local car club. Lots of gassers show up for this 1/8th mile event.
You've got some decent drag strips in Wa. too. If you're into gassers and can make it, the Riverdale Raceway Park will have old time drags the 3rd weekend in August. Used to be put on by Billetproof, but now it's put on by a local car club. Lots of gassers show up for this 1/8th mile event.
Riverdale is a gas, so to speak. I am also in SW WA and run my GTO until my 51 Pontiac gasser is done.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Gasser Mania is being held there this weekend July 9/10. Should be a fun weekend if you want to come out. The race in August is put on by Estranged Car Club from Portland. You need to register with them for that race. They are a good group of folks. This weekend is an open race.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Gasser Mania is being held there this weekend July 9/10. Should be a fun weekend if you want to come out. The race in August is put on by Estranged Car Club from Portland. You need to register with them for that race. They are a good group of folks. This weekend is an open race.
Thanks for the info, I hope to make it. Are you racing?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts