Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
13,605 Posts
Right on Vall! Some day I’d like to go to all the drag strips in Oregon. Thanks
You've got some decent drag strips in Wa. too. If you're into gassers and can make it, the Riverdale Raceway Park will have old time drags the 3rd weekend in August. Used to be put on by Billetproof, but now it's put on by a local car club. Lots of gassers show up for this 1/8th mile event.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You've got some decent drag strips in Wa. too. If you're into gassers and can make it, the Riverdale Raceway Park will have old time drags the 3rd weekend in August. Used to be put on by Billetproof, but now it's put on by a local car club. Lots of gassers show up for this 1/8th mile event.
Thanks Vall! Good info! I’m lucky that Renegade isn’t too far away and I can watch the Nostalgia Tour. There’s some great guys with a lot of good info on that tour.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Welcome to the site. Love to follow builds win pics. Look forward to seeing the 55.

Reactions: Pnw55

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Thanks! Got my 55 truck axel the other day. Need to figure out steering box and everything else.
Is it a Chevy axle?

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
ThAts a good start. I have one in my MG.

·
Administrator
13,605 Posts
I've got a '58 Chev truck axle in my '39 Chev also. Had to narrow mine 5" to fit inside my '39. They're a super axle for the '55 Chev cars, and perfect width. Need to convert to 5 lug, and that can be '49-'54 Chevy car drums that bolt right on, or a Speedway disc brake kit that's a bolt on also.
Numerous ways to do the steering using the stock box if it's good, or a later GM 525 box. Some use a Vega box, but if you do it needs to be a good quality Borgeson Vega box.
I've done a number of Tri Five swaps with '55-'59 axles, and both stock steering boxes, or others. Ranger or earlier Courier boxes are great also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've got a '58 Chev truck axle in my '39 Chev also. Had to narrow mine 5" to fit inside my '39. They're a super axle for the '55 Chev cars, and perfect width. Need to convert to 5 lug, and that can be '49-'54 Chevy car drums that bolt right on, or a Speedway disc brake kit that's a bolt on also.
Numerous ways to do the steering using the stock box if it's good, or a later GM 525 box. Some use a Vega box, but if you do it needs to be a good quality Borgeson Vega box.
I've done a number of Tri Five swaps with '55-'59 axles, and both stock steering boxes, or others. Ranger or earlier Courier boxes are great also.
Thanks so much Vall! I currently have the cpp 500 ps box. Would I be able to use that? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts