Gasser HotRod Forums banner

How to raise the frontend on a Falcon with ball joints

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  OpelGasser 
#1 ·
I am looking for a way to raise the front end on my 64 Falcon wagon. I have already cut shock towers back and welded so I would like to keep ball joint front-end. CAn anyone tell m where to buy or how to build some ball joint spacers. I was told Mr Gasket use to sell them in the 60's and70's.

#5 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I have also heard of "ball joint extenders" but have never seen a car using them.

I do have a friend (who I traded my El Camino for the Opel) who has a '62 Chevy that he raised the front end using "raised spindels".

As you can see the raised spindels got the front end "up there" gasser style. A real PLUS is the car rides just at it would with a stock ride height. NOT the case using other ways to get the front end "up".

#6 ·
Very cool Val. nice find. gotta love ebay
mm

#7 · (Edited)
Having eBay whether it be "to BUY" or just to "CHECK" on "market prices". eBay has made building a "hot rod" easier and also quicker. There ARE DEALS to be found and also finding "hard to find parts" you never thought you could find.

Almost like we could put "thanks eBay" on the car.

I would be LOST without the convenience of the Internet/computers..... which has also made it possible too find "like-minded" friends here on the gasser hot rod forum.

BTW.... is a 1 1/2" lift enough for the work and money it takes to do it ??????

#10 ·
I remember trying to get my '57 Chevy up in front in high school. I started cheap with screw in spring spacers. Lifted it up, but with 5-6 in each side it rode like a buckboard! Then I decided I needed ball joint spacers, (which were really cheap in 1966) so I pulled it apart and put them in along with a pair of coils from the junkyard. Raised it up even more, but rode pretty stiff still. I finally broke down and bought a '58 Chevy truck axle and put it in to get the front where I wanted and riding well. I was 17, and the only guy in hi school with a straight axle in his car! Thought I was hot stuff then!

#11 ·
...... I finally broke down and bought a '58 Chevy truck axle and put it in to get the front where I wanted and riding well. I was 17, and the only guy in hi school with a straight axle in his car! Thought I was hot stuff then!
I bet it WAS "hot stuff".... you can be sure I would have been a fan of yours & your '57/!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.