Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Yes, there are plenty of quiet exhaust systems. More details on what you're using now, and what engine you're running, would help us help your loud exhaust situation.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Why would you fix loud exhaust on a Gasser hot rod forum. You need the www.midas.com forum.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would also like to know what are the best round mufflers. Don't go the Flow master super 40 route, my chevelle has 3in to the rear bumper and it's still pretty loud at 60 mph. No need for a radio, that's for sure.

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
I would also like to know what are the best round mufflers. Don't go the Flow master super 40 route, my chevelle has 3in to the rear bumper and it's still pretty loud at 60 mph. No need for a radio, that's for sure.
Amen! Have full exhaust with Flowmaster 40's on my Falcon, and it's too loud over 2500 rpm. It's on my list of things to do one of these days. I'm sure even a good glasspack will be quieter.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Whhhaaat!!??!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
"Don't go the Flow master super 40 route . . . "

Really ! ? ! ? ! ?

That was my go-to solution for the Vette based on how they sound on my brother-in-law's El Camino.

Any suggestion for a decent, somewhat throaty exhaust at idle that mellows out at expressway speeds?
I HATE the highway drone the most glass pack mufflers have, and thought that a chambered muffler would be the answer.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Use '76 Fleetwood mufflers. In the '70s a guy in Detroit used 4 of them on a '67 Hemi Coronet. Was still loud. Open pipes always works best for me.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
need the sour cream now and some butter to go with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts