Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Not sure I'd take them if he paid me. I guess it's another case of somebody thinking there's a sucker out there, so why not jack the price up high enough? Those wont even hold air unless you put a tube in them. And even then the sidewall might blow out!
I'm going out back now and dig up some vintage grease that's been spilt by Henry Ford when he lived here. Gotta make sure it gets to Ebay before it dries up!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not sure I'd take them if he paid me. I guess it's another case of somebody thinking there's a sucker out there, so why not jack the price up high enough? Those wont even hold air unless you put a tube in them. And even then the sidewall might blow out!
I'm going out back now and dig up some vintage grease that's been spilt by Henry Ford when he lived here. Gotta make sure it gets to Ebay before it dries up!
Wouldn't take them if HE paid me 1200. I have enough shit in my garage. And that is shit! Maybe an armchair racer would buy them for "garage art".

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Should not be allowed to sell without an absolute statement not to be mount or inflated...I know you would think every one would have enough since to know that...but there are some real dummies out there...I remember way back at a local gas station the old owner has filling a tire while it was up on the rack and it popped and blew pieces of his face off and he lot all of his eye sight...I don't see the since in buying them unless you wanted to design and manufacture an exact copy

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Once I get my replacement slick from Towel City, I think I'll put the bad done on Ebay for $1000! Maybe make up a great story about how it was on a 50's digger and came apart at the Nationals in Indy?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell yeah!!!!

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
On my local CL there's a old pair of M&H Racemaster slicks on steel wheels for $165. I thought that was too much for wall art, even with the steel wheels. But maybe not if that guy sells those crap tires on Ebay!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This CL seller is basically telling everyone that these wheels and rims are pieces of shit and I'll bet some idiot still buys them.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
I'm amazed at the tires some guys run! And even brag about how old they are! There was a guy at the Thursday night cars and crust at the local pizza parlor last Thu. who was telling everybody about his old 1974 vintage BFG tires on his '64 Corvette roadster! If those tires ever came apart it would really destroy all that fiberglass!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts