Gasser HotRod Forums banner

641 - 660 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Thanks Mario, I've always loved the altereds. My favorites list is gassers, altereds then the AWB early funnies.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Way cool...I still can not get the Instagram to work for me the login link does not work either....must be Steve's fault

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Try this one.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
If you have nothing to do this is a great Ford documentary. Although I haven't watched it all yet I know you Ford guys and all hot rod guys will love this video.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
That was a fun video!
I had heard from many flathead fans that finding a solid flathead to build that didn't have cracks around the valve area, or at least had fixable cracks, is nearly impossible these days. But the video mentioned how many first year V8 engines were replaced by Ford due to porosity in the castings, and poor oiling situations. They quickly fixed the oiling with a new baffled pan design, but I'd never heard of either issue until this video.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
That was a fun video!
I had heard from many flathead fans that finding a solid flathead to build that didn't have cracks around the valve area, or at least had fixable cracks, is nearly impossible these days. But the video mentioned how many first year V8 engines were replaced by Ford due to porosity in the castings, and poor oiling situations. They quickly fixed the oiling with a new baffled pan design, but I'd never heard of either issue until this video.
You could say it was the first factory Hotrod. V8 in a light car. Must have been impressive.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
Exotic car dealer employee and family member gets pulled over for a misuse of a dealer plate. Good video.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Reminds me of the motorcycle cop who pulled me over here in my Falcon for not having a front license plate, and had zero knowledge of what "Special Interest" registration was! And when I began to explain it to him he just wanted to get away, and not listen, and learn, so he wouldn't make the same mistake in the future.
I don't have anything against most cops, especially since I've got several retired cops in my family. But some really don't know their job when it comes to traffic enforcement.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
Reminds me of the motorcycle cop who pulled me over here in my Falcon for not having a front license plate, and had zero knowledge of what "Special Interest" registration was! And when I began to explain it to him he just wanted to get away, and not listen, and learn, so he wouldn't make the same mistake in the future.
I don't have anything against most cops, especially since I've got several retired cops in my family. But some really don't know their job when it comes to traffic enforcement.
I have a lot of respect for cops too. Just was too funny as to how they kept back peddling instead of leaving it alone.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
I noticed the one kept repeating that they weren't accusing him of stealing the car. Then the other kept saying he jusut wanted to learn about the rules so he didn't stop someone for no reason.
Was almost like they wanted the driver to believe they simply stopped him to learn the rules, and say hello!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
The only thing I'm not lovin' is that the clip wasn't long enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
I just found Lash’s new ride. I do see some holes. holes are good!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Nah, not a C cab person...but I have looked at a few coupes and a 29 ford Tudor...and there is one down Valls way that I have talked to the guy...but shipping is a pain in the butt cause they will not set up a firm time and the seller is tight on time

641 - 660 of 665 Posts